While speaking at the Midland County Republican Club luncheon in Michigan Sunday, Ann Romney made no secret that the media is not on her “smiley face” list at the moment.
If you’re working for the press and you’re expecting an invitation to ride on the Romney campaign bus, you’d better start pumping out some pro-Romney copy or his wife is going to have words with you. And those words would be, “Get off of our bus!”
According to a National Review blog entry, Mrs. Romney shared her frustration with her luncheon guests.
“All of us in this room know the media loves Barack Obama. They don’t want anyone who has a chance of defeating him,” she says.
She’s correct, you know. The media loves Barack Obama. That’s why there was never a word said about:
- The Jeremiah Wright Connection
- Obama “palling around” with Bill Ayres
- The “terrorist fist bump” with Michelle
- The fawning but temporary love affair with “Joe the Plumber”
- The continuing fascination with every anti-Obama word that bubbles out of Sarah Palin’s mouth
- His “failure” to gain bipartisanship in government
- His “failure” to get the kind of health care bill he wanted
- His “failure” to inspire his base, which led to the 2010 Republican sweep of Congress
- The fawning devotion shown to the Tea Party with the live coverage of every event in which more than 10 people wearing tri-corner hats gathered
The media loves President Obama so much they never even mentioned:
- His ill-advised “guns and bibles” remark
- The drug-abusing deadbeat who accused Obama of smoking crack and having sex with him
- The oft-mocked “beer summit”
- His bowing to foreign heads of state
- His worldwide apology tour
- The fact that he didn’t deserve the Nobel Peace Prize
The fact that this is the first time you are even reading about these events is a testament to the total media failure to even seriously look at Barack Obama or his background. Do you remember ever reading about:
- The quest for the “real birth certificate”
- The numerous cries of “forgery” when the “real” birth certificate was revealed
- The oft-repeated demand for release of his most personal records
- Donald Trump and others continued insistence that the President is a Kenyan Muslim?
Nope. You’ve never heard, seen, read a word or watched a TV report about any of these things because the media is so in love with Barack Obama that they cover everything up.
Well, Ann Romney’s had just about enough.
Speaking openly about how it was “getting harder and harder to be cheerful,” she laughingly says, “I am so mad at the press [that] I could just strangle them! And, you know, I think I’ve decided there are going to be some people invited on the bus and some people just aren’t going to be invited on the bus.”
YOUR TAKE ON THE NEWS? Use the “comment” form to share your answer.
Which of the many media scandals that the press reported on surrounding Barack Obama do you think showed the most media love?