Syracuse area dog trainers looking to jump-start their training in 2012 can take advantage of web chats and online seminars throughout National Train Your Dog Month. Sponsored by the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT), the free live chats and sponsored webinars run throughout January, 2012.
APDT chats to celebrate National Train Your Dog Month take place on the APDT Facebook page for the event. The Jan. 2 chat, “About Bully Breeds,” revealed many tidbits about living with and training pit-bull type dogs. These Facebook chats continue through January 27:
- Jan. 4: Breed Discrimination Laws, Ledy Van Kavage, Esq., 5 p.m. ET
- Jan. 6: Leash Manners, Gail Fisher, 12 p.m. ET
- Jan. 8: Treibball, Casey Lomonaco, 7 p.m. ET
- Jan. 9: Adopting a Dog, Trish McMillan Loehr, MSc, CPDT-KA, 2 p.m. ET
- Jan. 12: Things to Teach Your Children to be Safe around Dogs, Joan Orr, 6 p.m. ET
- Jan. 12: Safety around Dogs for Babies and Toddlers, Jenn Shryock, 7 p.m. ET
- Jan. 16: TACT – Touch Associated Clicker Training, Emma Parsons and Julie Robitaille, 1 p.m. ET
- Jan. 18: Housetraining, Teoti Anderson, CPDT-KA, 6:30 p.m. ET
- Jan. 24: Introducing Cats and Dogs, Jacqueline Munera, CCBC, 12 p.m. ET
- Jan. 27: Common Dog Behavior Problems (Barking, Digging and More), Marjie Alonso and Katenna Jones, 4 p.m. ET
During January, APDT is also sponsoring chats about cat behavior and care, parrots, APDT training classes and APDT Rally. Learn more about the presenters for each chat and join them from APDT’s Train Your Dog Month scheduling page.
Throughout January, Syracuse readers can also view free pre-recorded webinars directly on the APDT site. See Free webinars for dog trainers during APDT’s National Train Your Dog Month for a complete schedule.
Get Syracuse Dog Training delivered free to your inbox – click Suscribe.