Kraftrecipes.com has created a delectable Chocolate Raspberry Torte recipe just in time for Valentine’s Day. Utilizing ingredients like gelatin, whipped topping, and baking chocolate, this recipe takes all the stress out of creating the perfect torte without sacrificing any of the flavor.
This recipe yields 14 servings:
- 1-1/2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
- cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans, toasted
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray9-inch round pan with cooking spray; cover bottom with waxed paper.
- Microwave 4 chocolate squares and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in dry gelatin mix and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Stir in flour and nuts until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not over bake.)
- Cool in pan 5 min. Run small knife around side of pan to loosen edge. Invert onto wire rack; remove waxed paper. Cool cake completely.
- Melt 4 of the remaining chocolate squares as directed on package; spread onto waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Microwaveremaining chocolate squares in large microwaveable bowl as directed on package. Whisk in COOL WHIP until well blended.
- Transfer cake to plate; frost with COOL WHIP mixture.
- Use sharp knife to cut chocolate on baking sheet into 1-1/2- to 2-inch irregular-shaped pieces. Arrange on cake. Top with raspberries and powdered sugar.
Baltimore City residents can purchase the ingredients for this recipe at the following locations:
Fresh & Green
1020 West 41st Street
Baltimore, MD. 21211
711 West 40th Street
Baltimore, MD. 21211
Eddie’s of Roland Park
5113 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD. 21210