In the past couple of years businesses have increased the amount of time, resources and money they spend in order to build a successful social media strategy, stay up to date on new trends and train their employees. This year is no exception. As social media continues to grow and evolve, companies are starting to understand the importance of continuing social media marketing education.
Whether you are a social media savvy professional or just a social media beginner, there are plenty of training options with experts that can help you grow your business and take your social media efforts to the next level. The key is to make sure that you find the right place.
Cincinnati, the ‘most social city’ according to Mashable, offers a lot of different social media classes, workshops and training sessions giving you many options to choose from. Below is a list of some successful social media training programs.
1. Cincinnati Social Media Inc. – is a social media group on LinkedIn that also hosts frequent events in Cincinnati where social media experts and newbies alike come together to eat, meet, share, and learn about social media marketing. They bring in top-tiered speakers on a variety of social media topics. Join the LinkedIn group to learn about what is up and coming.
2. Boot Camp Digital Social Media Training – provides training and strategic consulting in social media and Internet marketing. This company specializes in creating training programs for small business owners, marketing departments, sales staff, advertising agencies and public relations departments. Boot Camp Digital will help you get your digital marketing in shape with their comprehensive training programs including their 2-Day Boot Camp and lunch and learns.
3. Cincinnati State’s Workforce Development Center – UPDATE: This program is no longer offered.
4. Sinclair Community College – offers social media workshops and training courses. Their sessions mainly focus on social networking strategies for using LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook as well as Search Engine Optimization strategies. This is a newer program, but looks to cover all of the basics in social media marketing.
5. Westwood Virtual Associates, LLC – provides social media marketing training for entrepreneurs and small business owners. Their mission is to help your organization thrive in the digital age. Westwood Virtual Associates customize a strategy that suits any business, goals, and budget in a way that’s interactive, fun, and easily managed.