A lot of people may tell you that they exercise to keep in good health or to stay healthy. A lot of these same people buy designer jeans, groom themselves contstantly and can’t walk past a mirror without checking themselves out. The fact is that most people exercise because they want to change the way they look. The better health that comes from their working out is just a nice by-product, a bonus they get from their quest to look better.
The fact is, most people would change bodies with a very fit, “built” person if they had the chance to and could. Having a nice looking, attractive physique builds self esteem and makes a person feel better about him or herself. So if having a nice looking body is so desireable, why do many people do nothing to improve their bodies? There are really only two reasons why people don’t exercise:
- No self discipline or desire
Self discipline can be stated as doing something you really don’t want to or feel like doing (but you do it anyway). You basically either have self discipline or you don’t. If you don’t, the good thing is that self discipline can be learned or taught. Here are a couple of things you can do to help establish self discipline to workout:
- Hang around people who actively workout and have decent bodies. Their lifestyle and self discipline will “rub off” on you some the more you are around them. If you hang around out of shape, fat and sloppy people, you can bet that exercise and a good body will never be the topic of conversation (if you lie down with dogs you get fleas).
- Set short term goals, no matter how easy initially, and make sure you reach them. Reward yourself somehow everytime you reach a goal. Write your goals down so that they become real and not just a thought in your head.
- Get in a pattern. Everyday do something at the same exact time for the exact same amount of time. Learn to develop healthy habits for doing something over and over and over until it becomes second nature to you.
- Vow to yourself that you are better that what you have been doing. Challenge yourself to do better and make an oath to yourself to not let yourself down.
Finally, when it comes to getting a better body, you should hire a reputable personal trainer. Be sure not to hire a professional “spotter”, but a professional trainer. Not all personal trainers are equal. No one will inspire or push you better than a good personal trainer. He/she will honestly want to see you succeed!
To find out about good personal trainers and gyms in the Mobile and Baldwin county area, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit www.mikephelpstraining.com and learn more about how to contact a good personal trainer. Now go start construction on that body you want!