By Joseph Martinez –
The world premiere of Warner Brothers’ Pictures “Joyful Noise” was held last night, Monday January 9, 2012 at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA.
All of the leads in the film including Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton were present at the event …and as you may have guessed, this film is a musical with comedic overtones. Although the “Queen” was present, it was Dolly who stole the show, and the headlines, as this is her first non-cameo screen acting role in 20 years.
Parton looked gorgeous in a cleavage-baring tight frock that she paired with a cross necklace and bejeweled sandal heels. The 65-year-old songstress finished off her look with hot pink polish on her nails. Latifah, meanwhile, looked simple-but-chic in a green dress and a pair of brown shoes.
Other names present at the premiere included Viveca A. Fox and Paula Patton as well as the Cyrus clan including Billy Ray Cyrus, Brandi Cyrus, Leticia and Noah. No Miley though, (Dolly’s Goddaughter) as she must have had prior commitments. (photos by © 2012 Joe Martinez / PictureLux)
About The Film:
Oscar® nominees Queen Latifah (“Chicago,” “Hairspray”) and Dolly Parton (“Transamerica,” “Steel Magnolias,” “Nine to Five”) star in Alcon Entertainment’s and Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Joyful Noise,” a funny and inspirational story of music, hope, love and renewal.
The small town of Pacashau, Georgia, has fallen on hard times, but the people are counting on the Divinity Church Choir to lift their spirits by winning the National Joyful Noise Competition. The choir has always known how to sing in harmony, but the discord between its two leading ladies now threatens to tear them apart. Their newly appointed director, Vi Rose Hill (Latifah), stubbornly wants to stick with their tried-and-true traditional style, while the fiery G.G. Sparrow (Parton) thinks tried-and-true translates to tired-and-old.
The film is set to be released in U.S. theaters on January 13, 2012.
Dolly Parton Trivia Per IMDB:
- One of 12 children; grew up in a 1-room cabin in Tennessee.
- Owner/namesake of Smokey Mountain area theme park, “Dollywood”, located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, USA.
- Her late father Robert was one of 15 children, and her mother Avie (Owens) was one of 10 children.
- The world’s first cloned mammal, Dolly the sheep, was named after Parton.
- Inducted as a member of the Grand Ole Opry on February 4, 1969.
- Had such a miserable time during filming of Straight Talk (1992), that she effectively retired from big screen acting. All her work since has been television work or appearances as herself.
- Godmother of Miley Cyrus.
- Various tabloids have reported that her breast implants – which she has never disputed having – have increased her measurements to anywhere from 38CC to a high mark of 48DD
- Her Oscar nominated song “9 To 5” from Nine to Five (1980) was ranked #78 while her song writing contribution, “I Will Always Love You”, from The Bodyguard (1992) came in at #65 on The American Film Institute’s list of AFI’s 100 Years… 100 Songs: America’s Greatest Music in the Movies (2004) (TV).
See an entire gallery of images from the event at PictureLux and The Hollywood Archive