Maybelline’s FitMe collection includes liquid foundation and concealer, pressed powder, blush, and bronzer, all meant to perfectly match your skin. Once you find your shade – comparing your skin against shade cards or swatching liquid foundation from sample bottles – the corresponding number works across the foundation, concealer, and powder to create a flawless face. The FitMe foundation aims to provide light, natural coverage, and the oil-free, non-comedogenic formula allows your skin to breathe.
- Average price: $7.99 for one fluid ounce
- Availability: locations where Maybelline is sold
- Packaging: Square glass bottle with plastic black lid; no pump
- SPF Protection: contains SPF 18
- Ingredients: Active: Octinoxate (7%), Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9, Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium, EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alphaisomethyl Ionone; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides
This liquid foundation is good for light to medium coverage. The thin consistency of the foundation allows you to cover minor flaws and imperfections, but concealer is required to cover pigmentation, such as dark circles or acne scars. Upon application, it leaves a dewy finish on the skin, so anyone with combination or oily skin will want to use a face primer and a setting powder to minimize shine.
Sandy Beige (shade 210) is an accurate match for anyone with yellow undertones, equivalent to MAC foundation shades NC25-30. Application is easy using various makeup tools like the BeautyBlender, synthetic flat top brush, and disposable cosmetics sponge. The product spreads evenly across the skin, and as long as proper application techniques are employed, streaky foundation marks are minimal.
The oil-free formula works well for various skin types, but anyone with very oily skin may want to avoid this foundation. While a few additional products may be necessary to extend the foundation coverage, the foundation lasts at least eight hours.
The main drawback is the lack of a pump to dispense the product. The open mouth from the bottle can easily dispense too much product for an application, and it can be unhygenic over time. Repeated air exposure allows the possibility of bacteria and dust to contaminate the product.
It’s an affordable option for anyone who gets frustrated with finding a drugstore foundation that actually matches their skintone; depending on where the product is purchased, stores will often accept returns or exchanges if the foundation is the wrong shade or doesn’t work for any other reason. More often than not, Maybelline products are on sale throughout the year, and it can be very affordable to buy one or two bottles to mix shades at a discount.