dSource is on Twitter @dRealSource and Facebook
Previous Stories: It’s showtime for the ‘Method Man’: Melindo looking for breakout fight vs Esquer / If 40M w/o PPV revenue is such a good offer, Mayweather should accept it himself
Undeafeated prospect Lorenzo “Thunderbolt” Villanueva of North Cotabato blew away his opponent Diego Ledesma at the 1:45 mark of the very first round to improve his record to 22-0, with all but one of his wins coming by way of knockout. The bout was the main undercard for Pinoy Pride XI at the jam-packed Cebu City Waterfront Hotel & Casino in Cebu, Philippines headlined by undefeated Milan Melindo vs. Juan Esquer.
Also in the undercard: Mar Jhun Macahilig blasted his opponent Kaichon Sor Vorapin via 2nd round knockout, dropping the Thai with a left hook to the body. The 21-year-old flyweight from Kalibo, Aklan improved his record to 14-1 with 8 KOs.
Scrappy Merlito Sabillo also won his assignment against Indonesian Sofyan Effendi via unanimous decision. The OPBF and GAB minimumweight champ improved his record to 17-0 with 7 KOs.
Recent (click on the title to read the story): PBA trades update: Raymundo, Ababou to Ginebra; Tubid, Intal, Artadi traded / Nonito Donaire and Morris East: A tandem of two ‘Pinoy Greats’ / Michael Farenas gets his big opportunity (and test) against Mikey Garcia
– dSG –
(“I love Manny Pacquiao” Click this link to watch the video of Floyd Mayweather praising Manny Pacquiao)
Hit the subscribe button on top of the page to get free updates and articles first “Straight from dSource” sent to your e-mail.
[ALSO READ] Shawn Porter wants to fight in the Philippines; not keen on Pacquiao-Cotto 2 / The enigmatic mind of Victor Ortiz / The truth behind the Pacquiao-Mayweather debacle: A Rationalization / Quote of the Week – Mark Munoz: “The Filipino culture.. these are my roots man. I grew up Filipino. I grew up around Filipinos. I just love my culture man.”
** Legal waiver – By quoting, copying and using material from this article to your website, publication or blog, you agree to give full credit to Dennis ‘dSource’ Guillermo and modenook.com, provide a link / hyperlink to the original article. **
- Wakee Salud differs with Pacquiao’s willingness to take less cash to fight Floyd
- Mayweather sentenced to 6 months in jail; surrender ordered on Jan. 6 (+ video)
- Mayweather ducks felony charges; cops a plea deal – Pacquiao next?
- Wakee Salud says Pacquiao-Mayweather fight ‘80% sure’ from happening
- Still all hype: Mayweather will talk the talk, but forget about Pacquiao in May
- “A Pac full of Courage”: What will become of Pacquiao’s legacy?
- Manny will be a lot bigger than you when he’s standing over you in the ring” — Roach claps back at Mayweather for calling Pacquiao “The Little Man”
- For more boxing articles, log on to www.dSourceBoxing.com