For this Valentine’s Day (just around the corner!), say I love you with these eco chic and locally made products.
1. Give her roses, an orange peel in the shape of a rose that is. CALAMARIE offers their classic orange peel rose necklace collection in a variety of colors and shapes. All are handmade by Colombian artisans. Now through Feb. 14, receive 20% off your total order and receive free shipping on orders over $50. Enter coupon code: Valentine.
2. Wrap her up in a cozy chic handmade scarf by JEM. The locally made gems are versatile given her creativity and flare for styling.
3. Pamper her with Herban Lifestyle all natural, cruelty-free bath and beauty products. Everything from soaps to facial cream to lip balm is gentle on the skin and on the Earth.
4. Put her treasures in a handmade jewelry box made from recycled wood by Brazilian local artists sold through VirtuArte. The fair trade company offers a plethora of gorgeous goods from around the world.
5. Choose from an assortment of locally made products at Nana’s Handmade Valentine Mart this Saturday, Feb. 11 from 12 – 6 p.m. The retailer turns her store to a mini bazaar filled withall types of gifts from hand printed cards to re-purposed vintage jewelry to handmade silver money clips.
1. While you are perusing the Herban Lifestyle products for her, pick up a few sudsy soaps and aftershave for him, too. The wide selection includes a gift set taking the guesswork out of it.
2. Button him up in a prepster dress shirt by Reads Clothing Project. Local designer/founder Read Wall updates the classic dress shirt with a casual yet cool flare. Plus, for every product sold, Read donates a book to the Books for Africa Project. All products made in the USA.
3. Layer him in a Patagonia Synchilla Vest. It is easy being green in this warm vest – made from 87% recycled polyester, part of Patagonia’s Common Threads Program.
4. Channel his love for sports through handmade cufflinks. Local jewelry designer Evelyn Brooks has created the sports-themed accessory to appeal to his competitive spirit!
5. Stock him up with organic cotton briefs by PACT. These colorful undies go the distance when proceeds from every purchase benefits Citizen Effect, a local non-profit that raises money for global community projects.