The big news this week is the 24-hour opening of the Magic Kingdom to celebrate Leap Year with One More Disney Day. Once that’s over, the Disney World fun starts up again pretty quickly with the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. That event runs from March 7 through May 20.
A lot goes into putting the Flower & Garden Festival together. It always has gorgeous Disney character topiaries and other creations, cute merchandise, and fun Flower Power concerts with rock and roll legends, but what else can you see this year? Here are some new highlights of what you can see at the festival:
-A new exhibit called Haiti: Garden of Many Colors
-Expanded kids’ play areas and new gardens (the popular butterfly garden is returning, too)
-Presentations by DIY and HGTV celebrities
-Themed weekends with themes like Art in the Garden and and Fresh From Florida
This year also marks the largest-ever topiary to greet guests at the park’s entrance. You won’t be able to miss this Fantasia-themed behemouth at the front gates.
My ebooks about Disney and the other Central Florida parks include:
- 10 Disney Cruise Line Tips for Adults: Kindle or Nook
- Mickey Mouse is My Neighbor (life in Celebration, FL): Kindle or Nook
- Complete eBook Guide to SeaWorld Orlando: Kindle or Nook
- 15 Tips for Saving Money on Disney Cruise Line: Kindle or Nook
- 25 Tips for Visiting Disney World With Babies, Toddlers & Young Kids: Kindle or Nook
- eBook Guide to Legoland Florida: Kindle and Nook
- Legoland Florida for Adults: Kindle and Nook
- 5 Steps to Your Own Internet Travel Agency: Kindle