Oakland (known as the ‘Bay Area’) has an extensive legacy, known for its history of Southern migrations, diversity, culture, urban appeal, beautiful scenery and tremendous weather. Despite its history it has had its share of crime, murder and poverty. Oakland Digital has taken the helm with its “Inspire Oakland” program-in its fourth year-to help make a change within the Oakland community, starting with our youth and young adults. Their program asks “What about Oakland inspires you?”
Oakland Digital (ODALC) is a not-for-profit technology organization that empowers economically-disadvantaged small business owners with digital literacy education and provides professional development for students with an interest in design. Oakland Digital is transforming downtown Oakland into an area that flourishes through technology, innovation and cultural collaboration with a goal to promote a positive image of Oakland that unites and inspires its diversity.
Inspire Oakland, a 4 to 6 week workforce development program implemented in underinvested educational institutions to help aspiring creative artists garner resume skills, professional development and knowledge expected in the professional ‘design world.’ Oakland Digital’s program aims to make a difference.
The positive impact of Inspire Oakland:
· Offers an outlet to jumpstart artists’ digital media and design careers
· Professional development with lessened barriers to workforce entry
· Direct internship and networking opportunities
· Provides at-risk young adults a creative outlet for personal expression
· Understand the creative briefing process
· Encourages graphic design and information technologies through creative expression
· Creation of a professional portfolio piece judged by industry professionals
· Obtain high visibility and the opportunity to have his/her design featured on traditional and digital billboards
The 2012 ‘Inspire Oakland’ program co-sponsored by the City of Oakland, CBS Outdoor, Ameredia, Oaklandish, Cal State East Bay and Peralta Colleges are seeking entries for its 2012 “Inspire Oakland” program. Download the Call for Entry Requirements today. Submission deadline is May 2nd by 5pm. Help Inspire, call 510-435-2945 or email email@example.com.
Have a great story or comments tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit us at www.jabezenterprisegroup.com or Like Us on Facebook Jabez Enterprise Group (JEGroup).