Fashionable Fun Events in the SF Bay Area
- BellJar Winter Sale – 20 to 65% storewide, Thursday, January 5 to Thursday, January 19, 2012, 3187 16th Street, SF, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Lovely boutique BellJar is having their winter sale, 20% to 65% storewide on all apparel. Peruse the racks for brands such as Eskell, Plastic Island, Amanda Uprichards, Aryn K and much more. Sale continues through Thursday!
- Gallery of Jewels – 20% – 50% sale, Friday, January 13 thru Tuesday, January 31, 2012, SF, 10:30 am to 6:00 pm
One of the best places in SF to buy jewelry made by local designers is having a sale you won’t want to miss. Great selection on a range of styles. We recommend stopping in with an outfit to accessorize in mind and let the store associates show you the best styling options. Sale lasts through the end of the month.
- Minted Magazine Launch Party, Wednesday, January 18, 2012, Som Bar – 2925 16th Street, SF, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Sip on cocktails, mingle with other Bay Area professionals and meet the staff of Minted Magazine as they launch their new magazine. This is a quarterly digital publication for the independent and stylish career woman. They give the readers the resources to succeed at work and still have a social life. From fab outfits for the office to quick-fix meals after a 12-hour day, to career and relationship tips, they show how you can have it all! No cost to attend.
- Indulgence:”Lights-Camera-Action”, Wednesday, January 18, 2012, Infusion Lounge, 124 Ellis Street, SF, 9:00 pm to 2:00 am
Infusion Lounge is throwing their monthly soiree party with a “Lights, Camera, Action” them. The event will feature live mannequin models showcasing the designs of Denee Marie. RSVP to be on the guest list.
- Headline Shirts Sample Sale – $1 Tees, Thursday, January 19, 2012, Headline Shirts – 3265 17th Street #104, SF, 5:00 to 8:00 pm
Headline Shirts is having their first sample sale of 2012, with tees starting at only $1! Come score some sweet tees and enjoy complimentary beer and snacks.
- Fashion+Techsf Presents:Applying Mobile Tech Strategies to Your Fashion Business, Thursday, January 19, 2012, FIDM – 55 Stockton Street, 5th Floor Conference Room, SF, 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Fashion+TechSf is hosting their monthly fashion forum on the topic of “Applying Mobile Tech Strategies to your business.” The guest panel includes co-founders of the companies Stylematic, ShopNear.me and Manpacks. Cost of admission is $10, payable through Eventbrite or at the event.
- Women in Manufacturing, Thursday, January 19, 2012, TechShop – 926 Howard Street, SF, 6:00 to 8:30 pm
Join SFMade as they present a panel discussion with three of the most successful women in manufacturing in San Francisco. In a highly interactive discussion, we will hear how Sabrina Moyle, owner of Hello!Lucky, Rosemarie Ovian, co-owner of Cut Loose, and Adrienne Wiley, owner of Frolick, have grown and developed their companies. Come network and learn! Cost to attend is $25.
- Rogue Grand Opening, Friday, January 20, 2012, 272 Sutter Street, SF, 5:00 to 10:00 pm
Rogue, the hottest new men’s brand contemporary sportswear store is hosting its Grand Opening Party! The VIP celebration includes cocktails and hors d’oeuvres served by models in fashionable Rogue attire. The new store features a lounge to relax with free WiFi and coffee bar, jeans bar and basketball court – that all alone is worth checking out apart from the Rogue fashion. Be sure to come by and meet the Rogue team as they open their first retail store.
- Uptown Studios Photography & Model Mixer, Friday, January 20, 2012, 1738 Telegraph Ave., Oakland, 7:00 to 10:00 pm
Come join Mario B. Productions for a photography shoot and model mixer. Models, designers, stylists, makeup artists and photographers are encouraged to attend. Admission is $10/$15.
- The Edwardian World’s Faire, Friday, January 20, 2012, The Regency Ballroom – 1300 Van Ness Ave., SF, 8:00 pm to 2:00 am
An elegant, whimsical, over-the-top two-day costume extravaganza honoring the eccentric author and illustrator Edward Gorey. Imagine taking a magnificent, turn-of-the-century excursion where ladies dressed in petticoats and corsets mingle with time-traveling thrill seekers: a world where cabaret meets carnival! the event includes an extensive vendor bazaar where you can purchase authentic fashion, costumes, accessories and jewelry. Additional details can be found at the Edwardian Ball website.
If you missed their Friday event, Edwardian World Faire continues on Saturday. Other fashionable events include:
- Faces, Mazes and Fiber Tracts, Saturday, January 21, 2011, Koret Auditorium – 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, SF, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
The Lectures & Symposium of the de Young Museum and the Textile Arts Council presents celebrated Bay Area fiber artist Lia Cook. One of the first weavers to employ digital photography in her work, her works are in the collections of many institutions and private collections. Cost to attend is $10.
- R by Reeti Runway Model Workshop, Saturday, January 21, 2012, 1661 Tennessee Street, SF, 2:00 to 3:30 pm
Learn how to work the runway with confidence and personal style! Designer R by Reeti and fashion producer Charleston Pierce presents a one-day runway workshop. Learn how to bring out your best to the modeling world from experienced professionals within the industry. Cost to attend is $20 (regular workshop cost is $75).
- Appetitie for Art: Fierce Fashion, Artful Circumstance, Saturday, January 21, 2012, Homescapes Carmel – Carmel Plaza, 93921, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Blending high fashion and style, photography and interior design, Oya Salon presents the Monterey Museum of Art’s “Appetite for Art Series: Fierce, Fashion, Artful Circumstance.” The event features fine-art photography throughout the space at individual “pods”, showcasing models styled by Bode and Oya Salon and interior design concepts by Homescapes, each inspired by the photography of the Weston Gallery. Cost to attend is $50.
- Chance Fashion: The Lingerie & Bedroom Attire Edition, Saturday, January 21, 2012, The Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission Street, SF, 9:00 pm to 12:00 am
Join Chance Productions for an evening of boudoir fashion! The event includes interactive photo shoots, runway show and after party. Collections from fashion lines Ronnie Sample McDaniel & Peaches, Cherry Turnover and Jerseys Virago Designs will be showcased. Cost to attend is $10 in advance and $15 at the door.
- Four Seasons Hotel Bridal Event, Sunday, January 22, 2012, 757 Market Street, SF, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Get inspired at the San Francisco Wedding Fair! Experience an afternoon of elegance and romance as you view over 80 exhibits featuring the top tier of Bay Area wedding professionals. Breathtaking couture gowns will be modeled throughout the day and designer Jin Wang will be on hand to offer styling tips. Cost to attend is $25 online and $35 at the door.
- Fashion Dance with the Post-Mod Scooter Club, Sunday, January 22, 2012, Casanova Lounge, 527 Valencia Street, SF, 3:00 to 7:00 pm
Post-Mod fashion label Beaks of Eagles is hosting a fashion dance at the Casanova Lounge in the Mission. Wear your best Mod fashion and get a limited edition fabulous Mod inspired scooter button plus the opportunity to compete in a fashion competition. No cost to attend.