If you’re looking for a little treat to satisfy your sweet tooth right about now, here’s the scoop! It’s National Frozen Yogurt Day! Not to be confused with National Yogurt Day, which is held in the summer, this annual event is celebrated every February 6th. While the origins of the food holiday are unknown, it’s nice to have an excuse to indulge in a little sweet treat every now and then, right?
Considered by some as a healthier alternative to ice cream, this delicious frozen “dessert” can be enjoyed any time of the day, any time of the year – even smack dab in the middle of winter. After all, who can resist a heapin’ helping of cool and creamy deliciousness in a cone or cup?
In honor of National Frozen Yogurt Day, a few businesses are celebrating the occasion by giving away free froyo!
Free Frozen Yogurt
- Participating Yogurt-land stores in the United States will be celebrating National Yogurt Day by offering free frozen yogurt from 4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. on February 6, 2012. Customers will receive a free 5-ounce commemorative cup of frozen yogurt and free toppings, while supplies last. Collectable biodegradable spoons will also be available. No coupon is necessary.
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt in Brentwood, CA, celebrated its Sand Creek Crossing Grand Opening event on February 4th by giving away free frozen yogurt. On February 5th, they are giving away free color-in tee shirts to the first 50 children who stop by. Cool!
Frozen Yogurt Recipes
- Chocolate Frozen Yogurt – Low in fat and calories, this delicious recipe tastes like chocolate cream pie filling. You’ll need white sugar, cornstarch, fat-free evaporated milk, chocolate chips, plain low-fat yogurt and vanilla.
- Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Recipe – You’ll need vanilla extract, sugar and Greek-style yogurt for this recipe. Don’t forget the ice cream maker!
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – This recipe calls for fresh strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, whole milk and full-fat yogurt.
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe – This 5-star recipe, from the Neelys, calls for strawberries, lemon, sugar, vanilla bean, whole-milk Greek yogurt and rum! Yum!
- Almost-Famous Frozen Yogurt – This simple 5-star recipe calls for plain whole-milk yogurt, Greek yogurt, superfine sugar, light corn syrup and fresh fruit.
- Lemon-Ginger Frozen Yogurt – This recipe, from Bon Appetit, calls for light corn syrup, sugar, fresh ginger, plain nonfat yogurt, low-fat buttermilk and lemon juice and peel.
- Sweet and Tangy Frozen Yogurt Sundae – This simple, 5-star recipe calls for frozen cherries, sugar, lemon, store-bought frozen yogurt and candied ginger.
- Frozen Yogurt with Poached Rum Raisin Pears – This 5-star recipe, from Bobby Flay, includes sugar, pear juice, unsalted butter, frozen vanilla yogurt, sugar, raisins, pears and dark rum.
Happy National Frozen Yogurt Day. Pass it on!
Don’t forget – Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!
- Pretty in Pink Valentine’s Day Fudge – Easy & delicious 2 ingredients fudge recipe
The Best Valentine’s Day Sayings, Quotes & Poems for Your Sweetheart
Free Valentine’s Day cards for kids
Printable Valentine’s Day cards for children
Top 10 most romantic Valentine’s Day movies
- Valentine’s Day: Just-for-fun facts