Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and while traditionally this means a fancy meal, expensive flowers, chocolates and maybe some overpriced jewelry, why not share your passion for gaming with your significant other this Valentine’s Day. While this may seem odd, strange, or even downright nerdy, believe it or not more and more people of both genders are picking up the controller or keyboard and enjoying a few hours of interactive gaming experience. So what are some good games to play with your love? Here is a list of 10 games to play together this Valentine’s Day:
- Just Dance; Yes it’s a dancing game, but think of it this way, how have couples come together and enjoyed their nights for centuries? Dancing! The main difference is that playing just dance at home means you can let loose, and no one but your love will see you do it.
- Call of Duty; Local multiplayer makes Call of Duty one of the best first person shooter games for couples. The two of you can work together in Co-Op or Zombie mode or battle it out in death match. Who says Valentine’s Day has to be all mushy with no explosions?
- Tetris; Old school fun! Tetris is one of those timeless games that is still just as fun as the day it came out. There are literally hundreds of remakes of the original and Tetris can be found on the internet, PlayStationNetwork, Xbox Live, and the Wii Store.
- Mortal Kombat; We love, we fight, we love some more. Take the fire to the TV and have some one on one matches in Mortal Kombat. Flashy moves, crazy characters, and a not so happy end for one kombatant. Keep in mind, betting on matches is a fun way to add some flare.
- Rock Band; If music truly is the language of love then Rock Band is the perfect game to play together. Make music together without having to actually learn how to play guitar or drums, and maybe even show off your awesome vocal styling when you pick up the mic.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic; We all remember the space battles, lightersaber duels, and interesting banter, but what about the love story? You and your love can create your own Star Wars love story online in this Star Wars MMO. Try to save or rule the galaxy together, just make sure it’s not a Luke and Leia conundrum.
- World of Warcraft; Journey through a world of magic and fantasy together as you adventure to gain glory and power in the world of Azeroth. Besides if you play a druid, chicks dig cats.
- RIFT; Another great MMO, you and your love will even be able to get married in game! That’s right, if she’s bugging you about getting married, go ahead, jump right on in, in RIFT! No churches, families, or legal fees and after you get hitched go save the world together in an online fantasy adventure!
- Hasbro Family Game Night; Remember the days of board games? Digging through that closet under the stairs trying to figure out which one to play? Well Hasbro did your closet a huge favor and put your favorites on your console! Relive those childhood memories together and enjoy board games in a whole new way.
- Super Mario; Mario has many adventures over many platforms and a special place in all our hearts. Team up and bash goombas together in a classic video game series that will always make us laugh.
While these are some great games, don’t forget the plethora of others out there. If you aren’t sure what exactly to play, the solution is simple, ask what your significant other is into! If they are hesitant about gaming together reassure them that if they at least try they may find a new way to spend time with you. In the modern world, almost everything is electronic, so let’s make sure that this Valentine’s Day, we cuddle up together with the one we love, and blow away zombies or adventure through mysterious new worlds together. So, light the fireplace, sit on the couch together under a blanket and grab a controller for a fun filled day together.