Sorry I did not write a round up last week, but I have been under the weather and now I have bronchitis. I did manage to get a couple of interesting articles written:
- The upcoming Winter Beer Carnival includes a nice selection of gluten-free beers and ciders.
- Jeopardy used ‘gluten-free foods’ as a category on January 13th.
- My previous article on celebrities with Celiac Disease was updated to include those who are wheat or gluten sensitive and those who choose to eat gluten free.
In other news:
- CheeCha Puffs – gluten-free chips were in the swag bags at the Golden Globes.
- Dietz and Watson – has a new gluten-free cold cut: Chicken Parmigiana, made from lean chicken breast coated and cooked in corn flour crumbs, aged parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings and topped with a tangy marinara sauce. Thanks Gluten Free Philly for the heads up!
- Dr. Sweet’s Cake Emporium – their gluten-free products will be on CBS Better Monday’s at 9:45am to promote the upcoming Atlanta Chef’s Expo
- Enjoy Life Foods – has a new gluten-free product called Plentils. They are chips made from Lentils and they come in four flavors. These chips are free of the top eight allergens.
- Ginger Lemon Girl – Carrie is writing a cookbook. It is due to come out October of this year and it is called: The Everything Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Cookbook. Congrats Carrie!
- Hooters – has a gluten-free menu.
- Peter Bronski – is writing a new book called The Gluten-Free Edge: A Nutrition and Training Guide for Peak Athletic Performance and an Active Gluten-Free Life, coauthored with Melissa McLean Jory (Gluten-Free for Good).
- Snyder’s of Hanover – their mini twist pretzels should make an appearance on your local store shelves soon. My daughter loves the pretzel sticks and I love that all of their gluten-free products are certified by the GFCO.
- Stuffed Pepper – is holding a recipe contest sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods. Winners receive a gift pack of baking chocolate from Enjoy Life. If you would like to enter the contest, then you need to register (membership is free). Then upload your recipe that uses chocolate by noon on February 7th (central time). Please note that there is a minimum set of criteria that need to be met before you can publish a recipe. Please take a moment to read their content guidelines before deciding what you would like to submit.