After months of speculation and rumors, it’s finally official. The new cast and pro pairings for the new season of Dancing with the Stars were revealed live from the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. It all took place earlier today on Good Morning America.
For thirteen seasons, fox-trotting football players, dazzling Olympians and spray-tanned stars have battled it out on the dance floor. Today, the new stars were revealed, and for the first time ever, the new cast appeared live on GMA with their professional partners. In fact, several of the pros discovered the identities of their new partners only minutes before appearing live on Good Morning America.
Host Tom Bergeron got the party started by saying…
We’re all caffeinated and ready. We actually spray tanned the audience just for this.
The new cast is full of surprises and come from all walks of life. Below are the dozen new celebrities who will lace up their dance shoes, get their spray tans, and deck out in sequins when season 14 of Dancing with the Stars begins in three short weeks. Below is the new cast and the pro pairings.
- Gavin Degraw: Platinum-selling recording artist. Pro partner is Karina Smirnoff.
- Donald Driver: Super Bowl champion and Green Bay Packers all-time leading receiver. Pro partner is Petra Nemcova.
- Roshon Fegan: Disney star of Shake It Up. Pro partner is Chelsie Hightower.
- Melissa Gilbert: Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie. Pro partner is Maxim Chmerkovskiy.
- Katherine Jenkins: Opera superstar who has sold 4 million records. Pro partner is Mark Ballas.
- Gladys Knight: Empress of soul and 8-time Emmy winner. Pro partner is Tristan MacManus.
- William Levy: Telenova superstar and dancer from Jennifer Lopez video. Pro partner is Cheryl Burke.
- Maria Menounos: Teen beauty queen and TV host. Pro partner is Derek Hough.
- Martina Navratilova: Tennis superstar and winner of 50 Grand Slam championships. Pro partner is Tony Dovolani.
- Sherri Shepherd: Newlywed and host of The View. Pro artner is Val Chmerkovskiy.
- Jack Wagner: Top 40 singer and actor from General Hospital and Melrose Place. Pro partner is Anna Trebunskaya.
- Jaleel White: Best known as Steve Urkel from Family Matters. Pro partner is Kim Johnson.
War hero and soap star J.R. Martinez was crowned last season’s winner of Dancing with the Stars. He and partner Karina Smirnoff narrowly defeated Rob Kardashian and partner Cheryl Burke. Ricki Lake and Derek Hough came in third place.
The stars, the drama, the glamour and the glitter are back on ABC when Dancing with the Stars returns for Season 14 on Monday, March 19th (8:00-10:01 p.m. ET) with a sensational two-hour season premiere, and then on Tuesday, March 27th, with the premiere of the first results show (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET).
Hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke Charvet return as hosts, as do judges Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on subscribe, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite TV stars and shows.