A week of good eating in North Creek begins with the Restaurant Race on Monday, January 30th. Racers will compete on Gore Mountain’s Recreational Course for the titles of Speediest Service, Best Spirits, and Most Popular. Registration begins at 9am; The race follows at 11am.
Competitors sign-on to the team of their favorite restaurant. The $5 Entrance fee is off-set by the $5 coupon participants will receive towards a meal at their chosen eatery. Dining specials are planned at area restaurants through Saturday.
The week of meal deals:
Basil & Wicks, 3195 Route 28, North Creek NY (on the way to Gore) 251-3100, Hours: Sat & Sun open at 12pm, Mon, Weds, Thurs, and Fri open at 2pm. Closed Tuesdays. Daily Happy Hour 3-5:30 pm.
- Sunday: sushi $7.99 for six pieces
- Monday: chicken parmesan dinner $10
- Wednesday: Wii bowling and wings specials – specialty wings (duck & pork hog) $8, Chicken wings $5
- Thursday: all-you-can-eat pasta night. Adults $14, 10 and under $8
- Friday & Saturday: all inclusive dinner $20 per person, Choice of Starter: Soup du Jour * Roasted Fennel and Arugula Salad * House Garden Salad * Ahi Tuna Tostado * Grilled Apple, Brie and Cheddar Quesadilla, Choice of Entree: Slow Roasted Prime Rib of Beef *Crane Mountain Chicken and Sausage * Eagles Nest Cedar Plank Salmon * Ruby Mountain Inside Out Eggplant Parmesan, Choice of Dessert: Warm Apple Crisp * Brownie Sundae *Rice Pudding
Andies @ Smith’s, 296 Main St. North Creek, NY 518-251-2363, Hours: Tues-Weds 4-8 pm ~Thurs-Sat 12-8pm~Sun, 9am-7pm
- All week: Featuring Jaeger Schnitzel with homemade spaetzle $15.95
BarVino, 272 Main St. North Creek, NY 518-251-0199, Hours: Sun, Tues-Thurs 4-9 ~ Fri & Sat 4-11, Hours (kitchen): Sun, Tues – Fri 5-9pm ~ Saturday 5-10 pm
- Sunday: $12 bottle of wine with any entre purchase or two small plates
- Monday: Winemaker’s Dinner featuring Suhru Wines. Five course meal $65, served 6-8pm – limited seating, call to reserve tickets.
- Tuesday: ½ off Bitburger & Old Speckled Hen, $1 off drafts, $1 off small plates
- Wednesday: Pad Thai with a pint of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA for $16
- Thursday: Trivia Night 6-8pm, $6 brisket sandwiches
- Friday: 10% off diner’s food bill
- Saturday: $4 desserts with purchase of entrée or two small plates
Trapper’s at the Copperfield Inn, 307 Main St., North Creek, NY 518-251-5996, Sunday: Grilled Top Sirloin with herb butter, baked potato, and seasonal vegetable for $19.95
- Monday: Quesadilla Night $7
- Tuesday: $5 venison chili
- Wednesday: $9.50 Nacho Night
- Thursday: Wing Night, 50 cents each
- Friday: Fish & Chips (beer- battered tilapia) $15.95
- Saturday: ½ rack slow-roasted spare ribs with potato and vegetables $16.95
Garnet Hill Lodge, Thirteenth Lake Rd., North River, NY 518-251-2444, Hours: 5-9 pm
- Sunday: Trout Almondine with Amaretto sauce $15.95
- Monday: Merchant’s Chicken Sauteed in a Balsamic vinegar cream sauce with Kaalamata olives and roasted garlic $14.95
- Tuesday: Tamarack Salmon, Pan-seared filet with a roasted almond crust and a dijon aioli. $16.95
- Wednesday: Pork Braciole: Thinly sliced pork loin stuffed with a crimini mushroom chevre blend in a hearty marinara
- Thursday: Silver City Sirloin Quesadilla: An 8oz. NY Strip sliced and wrapped in a jalapeno tortilla with cheddar jack and served with black beans and rice. $16.95
- Friday: Haddock Your Way, breaded, battered, or oven-broiled with cole slaw and warm German potato salad. $14.95
- Saturday: Prix Fixe for $19.95 includes choice of soup or salad, entree options including Merchant Chicken, Tamarack Salmon, or Pork Braciole, and Mary Jane’s pie.
Black Mountain Restaurant & Tavern, Peaceful Valley Road & Rt. 8, North Creek, NY 518-251-2800
- Sunday: Show your season pass or Sunday lift ticket and get 10% off your entrée
- Monday: Post-race party with complimentary cup of soup or chili, 3-5 pm
- Tuesday: 1 lb Delmonico steak served with vegetable and potato for $15.95
- Wednesday: Create Your Own Pasta for $12.95 – Choose from 3 different pastas and 5 different sauces.
- Thursday: From 3-5pm, enjoy 2-for-1 well drinks and drafts, and 25-cent wings
- Friday: Fish & Chip Special
At the Gore Mountain Food Court, Gore Mountain Base Lodge, Hours: 7:30am-4pm
- Monday: Basket of Gold: Mozzarella Sticks, Onion Rings, & Boneless Wings for $10.95
- Tuesday: 2 Bratwurst for just $7.95
- Wednesday: Triple Salad Platter of Egg, Tuna, & Chicken Salads for $9.95
- Thursday: Chicken Salad Sandwich on Multigrain Roll with chips and bottled drink for $10.95
- Friday: Popcorn Shrimp & Fries for $9.95
- Saturday: $1 Cheeseburger Sliders – on sale at 3:15pm
Follow The Lake George Examiner on Facebook