With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, these Grasshopper Mint Oreo Cookie Cups are sure to add that special touch of green to any potluck table.
Who can resist the tasty combination of Oreo cookies, peppermint, cream cheese, and chocolate chips all mixed together. It will definitely be a recipe that everyone is sure to enjoy.
Grasshopper Mint Oreo Cookie Cups (recipe adapted from Brooke McLay)
8 ounces cream cheese (regular or reduced fat)
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 teaspoon real vanilla extract
1 tablespoon flour
15 OREO cookies (regular, double stuff, or mint)
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, egg, peppermint extract, and flour.
- Mix together with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Stir 1/4 c. of the mini chocolate chips into the cream cheese mixture.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- In the bottom of each cupcake wrapper, place one full OREO cookie.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over the OREO cookies, filling the muffin tins to 3/4 full. (There will be enough batter to fill 9 rounds.)
- Coarsely crush the six remaining OREO cookies, then sprinkle over the cream cheese layer in each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle remaining mini chocolate chips over the cream cheese layer in each muffin cup.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 325* degrees for 20-22 minutes, or just until the cream cheese layer puffs and sets up slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.