MAIN SPEEDWEEKS EVENTS
Speedweeks encompasses a series of auto races held at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida from January 26 to February 26. The events lead up to and include the NASCAR Daytona 500.
- Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 February 18, 2012
The future stars of racing battle for 80 laps, 200 miles in the Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200, the season-opening event for the ARCA Racing Series.
- Budweiser Shootout February 18, 2012
The Budweiser Shootout, the climax to a racing doubleheader, is a no-holds barred non-points race with the top NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stars.
- Daytona 500 Qualifying presented by Kroger February 19, 2012
The prestigious front row for the 54th annual Daytona 500 will be at stake.
- Gatorade Duel February 23, 2012
The Gatorade Duel At Daytona features two 150-mile qualifying races that determine the starting lineup for the 54th annual Daytona 500.
- NextEra Energy Resources 250 February 24, 2012
The tough trucks from the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will tackle Daytona International Speedway in a 100-lap, 250-mile battle that is famous for its wild and unpredictable three-wide racing.
- DRIVE4COPD 300 February 25, 2012
The rising stars of the NASCAR Nationwide Series face off against the stars of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in a 120-lap, 300-mile event.
- DAYTONA 500 February 26, 2012
Forty-three of the top drivers in the world compete in “The Great American Race,” NASCAR’s biggest, richest and most prestigious motorsports event.
Friday, January 27
- Rolex 24 practice and final qualifying
- GRAND-AM 200
- Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge
Saturday, January 28
- 50th Anniversary Rolex 24 (start)
Sunday, January 29
- 50th Anniversary Rolex 24 (Finish)
Thursday, February 16
- ARCA Practice
- Budweiser Shootout Draw Party
Friday, February 17
- Budweiser Shootout practice
- ARCA practice & qualifying
Saturday, February 18
- Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200
- ARCA Racing Series
- Budweiser Shootout
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Sunday, February 19
- DAYTONA 500® Qualifying presented by Kroger
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Wednesday, February 22
- NSCS, NNS, NCWTS practice
Thursday, February 23
- Gatorade Duel At DAYTONA
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
- NNS and NCWTS practice
- NCWTS qualifying
Friday, February 24
- NNS qualifying
- NSCS practice
- NextEra Energy Resources 250
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Saturday, February 25
- NSCS practice
- DAYTONA 300
- NASCAR Nationwide Series
Sunday, February 26
- 54th Running of the DAYTONA 500®
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
2012 DAYTONA GATE RULES
This year, race fans will still be able to bring in food and beverages to the Daytona Speedway grandstands. The following revised rules are in effect.
- One soft side bag or cooler, no larger than 14 x 14 x 14 inches or 2700 cubic inches
- Coolers of this size typically have a removable plastic liner and are branded to hold 24-36 cans of Coca-Cola or other beverages.
- Coolers with telescoping handles and wheels that measure no larger than the overall 14x14x14 dimensions, will be permitted to enter.
- A soft side insulated cooler may contain ice.
- One lightweight backpack, day pack or clear backpack, approximately 17 inches in length
- Bag can be used to carry binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, samples received, or souvenir purchases.
- The above bag may also be worn seperately over the neck or on the belt.
- Fans can bring in one cooler and one backpack.
- Backpacks with telescoping handles and wheels with-in the overall 17 inch dimension will be permitted to enter.
OTHER PERMITTED ITEMS
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, not in a bag, worn separately over the neck or on the belt will be allowed.
- Seat cushions carried separately are allowed.
- Flags are acceptable for admissions, provided they are not attached to poles.
- Flags may not obstruct other fans viewing of racing activities.
- No flag poles of any type will be allowed.
- Small Nationality flags attached to a pencil sized diameter wooden stick, will be allowed.
- All items brought through a grandstand gate are subject to be searched.
- Seat cushions with non-soft components will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Guests without any carry-in items are encouraged to go directly to and use the express lanes at each admission gate.
- Firearms, fireworks and items restricted by Local, State and Federal laws.
- Hard sided coolers, thermos, freezer/ice packets and insulated cups of any size.
- No strollers, glass containers, umbrellas, scooters, skateboards, or pets (trained assistance animals for disabled guests are welcome).
- Any soft sided coolers/bags, backpacks or containers larger than the allowable size noted above.
- None of the above restricted items may be left in or around the gate area.
HOTELS AND MOTELS
- Acapulco Hotel & Resort 2505 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 26616 Phone: 386-761-2210
- Americas Best Value Inn 1305 S Ridgewood Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32114 Phone: 386-252-1142
- Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn 3247 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-761-8450
- Bahama House 2001 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach Shores, Florida 27111 Phone: 386-248-2001
- Best Western Plus Aku Tiki Inn 2225 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach Shores, Florida 26799 Phone: 386-252-9631
- Boardwalk Inn & Suites 301 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-253-8300
- Conch House 700 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-255-3411
- Coral Sands Inn, Seaside Cottages & RV Resort 1009 Oceanshore Blvd Ormond Beach, Florida 32176 Phone: 800-441-1831
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson 5802 Journeys End Way Port Orange, Florida 32127 Phone: 386-760-0101
- Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach 1605 Richard Petty Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida 32114 Phone: 386-255-3388
- Days Inn Speedway 2900 W International Speedway Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida 32124 Phone: 386-255-0541
- Driftwood Resort 657 S Atlantic Ave Ormond Beach, Florida 32176 Phone: 386-677-1331
- El Caribe Resort & Conference Center 2125 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 27109 Phone: 800-445-9889
- Emerald Shores Hotel 2613 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach Shores, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-872-4500
- Georgian Inn Beach Club 759 S Atlantic Ave Ormond Beach, Florida 32176 Phone: 386-677-6043
- Grand Seas Resort 2424 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: (38-6)6-7880
- Hampton Inn Speedway 1715 W International Speedway Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida 32114 Phone: 386-257-4030
- Hawaiian Inn 2301 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 26769 Phone: 386-255-5411
- Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort 100 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 27845 Phone: 386-254-8200
- Holiday Inn Daytona Beach – LPGA 137 Automall Cr Daytona Beach, Florida 32124 Phone: 386-236-0200
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oceanfront 3301 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach Shores, Florida 25810 Phone: 386-767-1711
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oceanfront 930 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-255-5494
- Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach 1615 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 27215 Phone: 386-255-0921
- Homewood Suites by Hilton 165 Bill France Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida 32114 Phone: 386-258-2828
- La Playa Resort & Suites 2500 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 28820 Phone: 386-672-0990
- LaQuinta Inn & Suites 1791 Dunlawton Ave Port Orange, Florida 32127 Phone: 386-756-3440
- Mayan Inn 103 S Ocean Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-252-2378
- Nautilus Inn 1515 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-254-8600
- Oceanside Inn 1909 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach Shores, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-255-4492
- Plaza Ocean Club 640 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 28315 Phone: 386-239-9800
- Plaza Resort & Spa 600 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 28249 Phone: 386-255-4471
- Quality Inn Daytona Speedway 2250 International Speedway Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida 32114 Phone: 386-255-3661
- Residence Inn by Marriott 1725 Richard Petty Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida 32114
- Sand Castle Motel 3619 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach Shores, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-767-3182
- Sea Shells Beach Club 1014 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-255-2578
- Seascape Inn 2601 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach Shores, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-767-7312
- Sleep Inn Ormond Beach 170 Williamson Blvd Ormond Beach, Florida 32174 Phone: 386-673-6030
- Studio 1 Motel 1700 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: 386-383-9600
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel- Daytona Beach 220 Bill France Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida 32114 Phone: 386-274-4200
- Sun Viking Lodge 2411 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach Shores, Florida 26717 Phone: 386-252-6252
- The Shores Resort & Spa 2637 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 26475 Phone: 386-767-7350
- Tropical Manor on the Ocean 2237 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach Shores, Florida 26799 Phone: 386-252-4920
- Wyndham Ocean Walk 300 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida 32118 Phone: 800-989-6901
ENTERTAINMENT AND FOOD
At the track — The 5th Turn Pavilion includes
- In the Groove, a night club type atmosphere with live music and driver interviews,
- The Spark Pub, a game room/internet lounge.
- The Budweiser Track Bar
Off the track —
- Bank & Blues Club — 701 Main St., Daytona Beach. The Razorback’s jump start Bike Week with their popular sound. (386) 257-9272.
- Boot Hill Saloon – 310 Main Street, Daytona Beach – 386-254-5197. Live bands daily, contests and prizes.
- Broken Spoke Saloon – 1151 N. US Highway 1, Ormond Beach – 386-673-1040. Live entertainment.
- Dirty Harry’s Pub — 705 Main St., Daytona Beach. Classic and modern rock. Contests every day. (386) 252-9877.
- First Turn Steakhouse & Sports Lounge – 5236 S Ridgewood Ave, Port Orange – 386-788-5434. Live rock music, 3,000 sq. ft. tiki bar. Contests, karaoke, food, liquor and beer.
- Froggy’s Saloon — 800 Main St., Daytona Beach 386-253-0330. Music day and night, food, souvenirs and more.
- Full Moon Saloon — 700 Main Street, Daytona Beach. (386) 253-1944. Four great nights of music:
Thursday, February 23, 2012, 8:00 pm until 11:30 pm – Racin’ & Rockin’ Speedweeks – this special show kicks off Speedweeks 2012, featuring two of the area’s best bands — Anthony Wild and the Suspects and The Mighty Groove Machine. These guys ROCK!
Friday and Saturday, Feb. 24 and 25, Tommy Talton and friends.
On Sunday, February 26, Randall Bramblett.
The Full Moon Saloon is located across the street from the Bank and Blues Club and Dirty Harry’s.
- Iron Horse Saloon – 1068 N US Hwy 1, Ormond Beach – 386-677-1550. Food, Vendors, Wall of Death, Burnout Pit, Live Entertainment.
- Mai Tai Restaurant – 250 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach – 386-947-2493 In Ocean Walk Shoppes, near the Daytona Bandshell. View of the Atlantic Ocean. Happy hour, live music. Two blocks north of Main Street on A1A.
- Ocean Deck Restaurant & Beach Club – 127 S. Ocean Ave., Daytona Beach – 386-253-5224. Reggae Beach Bash with oceanfront view, food and drinks.
- Orlando Jai-Alai Fronton, February 16 – Jersey Shore meets Daytona Beach!
- Rockin Ranch – 801 S. Nova Rd, Ormond Beach – 386-673-0904. Live Country Music – Ladies night, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday.
- Racing’s North Turn Beach Bar & Grille – 4511 S. Atlantic Ave., Ponce Inlet – 386-322-3258.
Racing’s North Turn is a racing-themed sports bar and restaurant at the exact location where races once took place on the beach. Its walls and lobby are crammed with racing memorabilia and during race weeks many of racing’s legends make an appearance there. You don’t have to be a history buff; this is a must-see attraction for all race fans – only three miles south of the Dunlawton Bridge, right on the ocean in Ponce Inlet, where you can dine out on the deck with a great view of the beach and ocean.
Saturday, 2/18/2012, 10 am – Marker Dedication and Ribbon-Cutting
The Town of Ponce Inlet is having a dedication ceremony at the North and South turns of the old beach track, where new monuments will mark the historic sites. Racing’s North Turn Bar and Restaurant appropriately marks the beach track’s north turn at 4511 S. Atlantic. The south turn is two miles south, near the lighthouse.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony will begin at 10 am at the South Turn (Beach Street) beach approach. After the ceremony, a parade of historic beach racing vehicles will travel up Atlantic Avenue to the North Turn restaurant for another ribbon-cutting and unveiling of a new marker honoring the history of beach racing. Historic beach racing artifacts will be on display, historic race car drivers will be signing autographs, and complimentary refreshments will be served.
Free public parking is available on the beach at the South Turn approach, and at Winter Haven Park and Fisherman’s Harbour Village (7-Eleven) near the North Turn. A trolley will provide free transportation. Call 386-236-2181 for more information.
Sunday, 2/19/2012, 2:00 pm – David Axelrod book signing at North Turn
Monday, 2/20/2012, 12:00 noon, Dick Fleck book signing at North Turn
Wednesday, 2/22/2012, 12 noon – 4 pm – Racing’s Living Legend Russ Truelove’s vintage race car at North Turn
Friday, 2/24/2012, 12:00 noon – Living Legends Luncheon at North Turn. Come see, meet and maybe even get an autograph from some of racing’s legends.
FOR MORE INFO
- Daytona International Speedway: daytonainternationalspeedway.com
- Where to stay: daytonabeach.com/where.cfm