Leap day happens but once every four years. Why not take advantage of this “extra” day by doing something healthy for yourself and your family? Here are some ideas.
- Help your kids go through their rooms and get rid of unwanted toys, books and clothes. Getting rid of excess stuff in your home can bring peace to your mind and free you from suffocating clutter.
- Make a healthy breakfast. Try something new. Try a hot cereal with fresh fruit or an omelet. Throw in a teaspoonful of chocolate chips to make it a little more kid-friendly!
- Declutter and clean an area of your home. Maybe you’ll find a rebate check, some coupons, or that thing you were looking for and couldn’t find and were going to need to buy a new one. Cleaning your home may help get rid of allergens such as dust.
- Cook a healthy meal using a frugal staple such as beans, rice or a new grain. Or, have the kids pick out a new vegetable to try.
- Visit a new Metro Park. Take a hike and enjoy the spring-like weather!