Leap day happens but once every four years. Why not take advantage of this “extra” day by doing something healthy for yourself and your family? Here are some ideas.
- Help your kids go through their rooms and get rid of unwanted toys, books and clothes. Getting rid of excess stuff in your home can reduce allergens in your child’s room.
- Make a healthy breakfast. Try something new. Try a hot cereal with fresh fruit or an omelet. Throw in a teaspoonful of chocolate chips to make it a little more kid-friendly!
- Cook a healthy meal using a frugal staple such as beans, rice or a new grain. Or, have the kids pick out a new fruit or vegetable to try.
- Try a new recipe with your kids. If your kids have food allergies, help them read ingredient labels and recipes to find a recipe that will work for their situation.
- Visit a new Metro Park. Take a hike and enjoy the spring-like weather!