If you are trying to find a neat way to show off your school picture this year, a personalized picture frame is one way to do this. You can make one frame for your own picture or make one for each person you are giving a picture to.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make your picture frames. Head over to the Dollar Tree on Portage Road to find frames for $1. The store usually has frames that can hold one picture, and you can sometimes find frames that are divided for multiple photos.
Things You Need:
- Picture frame
- Masking tape
- Dark yellow spray paint
- Maroon spray paint
- White vinyl lettering
- Indians decal or sticker (small)
- Choose the picture frame you want to house your picture. Choose a light color so that it is easy to spray paint it the school colors of maroon and dark yellow. Also, the frame should be thick and flat to allow you to use the vinyl lettering.
- Remove the glass from the picture frame. You should also remove the backing from the frame.
- Spread the newspaper on your work surface. If the weather is nice outside, do this project in the yard. If it is during the harsh winter months, work in a room where you can slightly open a window for ventilation.
- Place the frame face up on the newspaper. Be sure that there is ample space for overspray around the frame.
- Spray paint the entire picture frame dark yellow. Allow the frame to dry thoroughly before continuing.
- Use the masking tape to tape off the left side of the frame and the right side of the frame.
- Spray paint the top and bottom of the frame with the maroon spray paint. Allow the paint to dry before removing the masking tape and continuing.
- Place the glass in the frame and add your picture. Replace the backing.
- Use the white vinyl letters to spell “S.B.H.S.” on one side of the frame. Add “Indians” on the side opposite of the “S.B.H.S.” Place your name on the third side of the frame, and add the year on the last side of the frame.
- Apply the small Indians decal or sticker to the lower right hand corner of the glass.
If you want a girly frame, you can add glitter to the frame. To do this, spray clear glue onto the frame after you have the painting done, and sprinkle gold glitter or multicolor glitter on the entire frame. Don’t add too much glitter, as you may have trouble getting the lettering to stick if you have a thick layer of glitter.