If you have a Kelty stroller, pay attention to this important recall. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a recall for approximately 3,000 Kelty Single and Double Jogging Strollers on February 23, 2012 due to possible fall and injury hazards. To date, there are three reported incidents with these recalled strollers, including cuts, scrapes and fractured bones to adults, and minor cuts and scrapes to children.
According to the CPSC, the front wheel of the recalled Kelty strollers can come loose during use and cause the stroller to tip over. This could pose a fall and injury hazard to children in the stroller and adults pushing the stroller.
Which Kelty Strollers are Recalled? This recall involves Kelty Speedster Swivel Deluxe single jogging strollers and Swivel Deuce double jogging strollers with the following model numbers: (continue reading below)
- Single stroller model #s: 20090116, 20090116B, 20650411BLU, 20650411CU
- Double stroller model #s: 20090216
The recalled strollers were sold at retailers nationwide (sporting goods stores and juvenile product stores) as well as online. The strollers sold for between $375 and $475 and were sold from Jan 2010 through Feb 2012.
Contact Kelty to receive free updated assembly and maintenance instructions. Call toll-free: (866) 349-7225 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. MT.
- Build a Bear recall: Colorful Hearts teddy bears recalled for choking hazard
- Peanut allergy recall alert: Walgreens chocolate covered raisins recalled
- CPSC product recall list Jan 2012 includes IKEA high chairs, Target flashlights
- Salmonella alert: Smucker’s Natural peanut butter recalled in 25 states