You’ll find boredom where there is the absence of a good idea-Earl Nightingale.
Some experts report that a little boredom is healthy for kids, and that very well be, but any parent of young children during winter in the Pacific Northwest knows that too much boredom can lead to trouble. If tension is already building this Saturday, or you might lose your mind because you have heard “I’m bored!” or “Mom, can you help me?” one too many times, get ready to head out for some family fun in Vancouver this weekend.
While it is important for the kids to have fun it’s also nice for the parents to enjoy some good times too. Here are some activities that you can do with the kids this weekend that might be fun for you too.
- 50th Annual Clark College Jazz Festival starts at 8:00 am and goes until 5:00 pm
- All About Family Festival-Westfield Mall 1:00-3:00 pm (face painting, balloon artists, magic show, and more)
- Portland Auto Show (Oregon Convention Center)– Kidzones and Family Day open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Movie Night at Café Sip ‘n’ Play-Finding Nemo starting at 5:00 pm
- Parent’s Night Out sponsored by Naydenov Gymnastics- 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Non-scheduled, non-structured time for kids to play is essential and promotes creativity and independence, but it might be good to wear them out a bit before you let them struggle with their boredom. Now that’s a good idea!
Have fun today in “The ‘Couve.”
Please let me know if you have additional upcoming family events in and around Vancouver, Wa.