Maintaining a healthy, low carb diet can get tough, but if you have enough options and recipes, you can do it!
To get all the benefits of low carb eating, it is important that you learn to make it a part of your life. It is not something you are going to do this week, but for the year ahead and beyond.
I thought I would share some of my favorite Super Quick low carb meals with you. I hope that you will find these as satisfying as I do.
Quick Beef and Mushrooms
1 lb beef strips
Raw sliced mushrooms
Garlic powder, onion powder, salt pepper
The night before…
- Put a large handful of sliced mushrooms in a large storage bag with a 1lb of beef steak cut into strips. (you can buy it already cut to save time)
- Add 3 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add hearty shakes of garlic powder and onion powder
- Seal and shake the bag to mix.
- Place in the refrigerator.
When you are ready for dinner…
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the contents from the bag.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir the beef and mushrooms until the meat is to the consistency you prefer.
Italian Chicken and Veggie Mess
Chicken strips or tenderloins
1 small zucchini
1 small summer squash
1 small tomato
- Cut zucchini and summer squash into round, thin slices and cut the tomato into large chunks.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet
- Add all the veggies to the skillet and sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- When the veggies begin to soften, push them to the side of the skillet and place chicken strips or cut tenderloins in the center.
- Season the chicken with salt, garlic and Italian seasoning
- Brown and turn the chicken. It will cook quickly.
- Mix the veggies chicken together when the chicken is done.
Ranch Chicken Strips
Hidden Valley Ranch dry powder. (or one dry package)
- Heat a ½ inch of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl
- Pour a small amount of ranch seasoning on a plate.
- Dip chicken strips in the egg and then in the seasoning and place in the skillet.
- Cook until done.
- They will turn a little dark, but the taste is great!