Follow ‘dSource’ on Twitter @dRealSource and on Facebook
Latest Headlines (Click on title to read):
Pacquiao or Mayweather?: Skills can pay bills, but never underestimate ‘heart’
“Floyd disappointed me, because Floyd is a guy who really doesn’t like to be hated on. You can see the way he reacts to it, it bothers him, so it would’ve been nice, after all the things he’s said about haters on not getting his due credit, not getting his due respect, it is disappointing to see him become, esentially who he says he hates,” — Paul Malignaggi talking about Floyd Mayweather, Jr. on dBoxing Source Radio (2/21/12)
Former World Champion Paul Malignaggi (30-4-0, 6 KOs) has never been one to mince words, and when he stopped by dBoxing Source Radio last week to discuss his April 29 World title shot against champion Vyacheslav Senchenko of Ukraine, “The Magic Man” held no punches with each question thrown at him.
The Brooklyn, New York native has managed to set his career back on the right path with three straight victories after falling to Amir Khan almost two years ago.
Ironically, Malignaggi moved his camp to Khan’s home gym in the US, trainer Freddie Roach’s Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, where he has been working with trainer Eric Brown after parting ways with Buddy McGirt after the Khan loss.
Interestingly enough, despite some controversial comments he made in the past regarding his suspicions about the man whose face is plastered all over his new home gym, Malignaggi has warmed up to his new home, and says he is cordial with everyone in the gym, and appreciates that Roach allows him to workout at his gym.
Malignaggi also offered his thoughts on Floyd Mayweather, Jr., and expresses his disppointment over the undefeated fighter who will be fighting Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas on May 5th for turning into a “hater” as evidenced by his comments against Pacquiao and New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin, of all people.
(CLICK HERE to listen to my interview with Paul Malignaggi)
[ALSO READ]: ‘Superflies’: 3 Pinoy flyweights in upcoming title fights / Pacquiao praises Bradley for ‘risking his undefeated record’ / Mayweather camp responds to Dana White for calling him RACIST / Top 10 Reasons Why Floyd Mayweather, Jr. does not have ‘Lin-sanity / Veteran referee Bill Clancy condemns Argentina boxing riot, shares insights
* * * * * * *
– dSG –
In case you missed it: Check out this week’s episode of “dBoxing Source Radio Show” (Tuesday 2/21) with special guests, Paulie “The Magic Man” Malignaggi, veteran boxing ref Bill Clancy, Dr. Ed dela Vega, and Elie Seckbach of ESNEWSReporting.com.
Click here for previous episodes featuring Roy Jones, Jr., Seth Mitchell and Mercito Gesta or go to dSourceBoxing.com to tune-in to the show live!
OTHER TOP STORIES:
- ‘Yes Floyd, You’re Racist’ – Dana White on Mayweather’s Lin & Pacquiao comments
- Denver Cuello set to return in the ring on March 10 in Ilo-ilo City
- ‘The Yellow Superman’: Jeremy Lin likened to Billy Ray Bates
- ‘Family Business’: Gesta’s dad joins camp – Exclusive father & son interview
- Ana Julaton to risk her title against undefeated Yesica Marcos in Argentina
- Nonito Donaire, Jr. updates regarding his left fist; says he won’t change gloves
Hit the subscribe button on top of the page to get free updates and articles first “Straight from dSource” sent to your e-mail.
More Pinoy Boxing (click on title to read):
- Bernabe Concepcion: Legit opportunity or sacrificial lamb vs. Mikey Garcia?
- ALA’s undefeated rising star Melindo draws interest from Top Rank and Arum
- ‘I am going to knock him out’ – Sonny Boy Jaro on Wonjongkam
- Melindo makes his case for a title shot by outclassing Esquer in 7th rd. TKO win
** Legal waiver – By quoting, copying and using material from this article to your website, publication or blog, you agree to give full credit to Dennis ‘dSource’ Guillermo and modenook.com, provide a link / hyperlink to the original article. **
- For more boxing articles, log on to www.dSourceBoxing.com