Season 14 of the popular show, “Dancing With the Stars” is right around the corner and the new cast of dancers was revealed February 28 on, “Good Morning America.” Twelve contestants from actors to athletes will trade there regular scripts, songs, sneakers or funny personalities for dancing shoes. All to compete to become the best ballroom dancer in America.
Take a look at the new competition
The twelve contestants this season come from all different walks of life. The cast consist of six men and six women who will battle it out for weeks to become the proud winner of the, Mirror Ball Trophy.
- Known from her role as Laura Ingalls on “Little House on the Prairie,” Melissa Gilbert
- “The View” co- host, Sherri Shepherd
- Actor/singer, Jack Wagner, formerly from “Melrose Place.”
- “Family Matters,” Steve Urkel, Jaleel White
- Disney Channels “Shake It Up” star, Roshon Feegan.
- Empress of Soul, Gladys Knight
- Host of “Extra,” Maria Menounos
- Receiver for the “Green Bay Packers,” Donald Driver
- Rock singer, Gavin DeGraw
- Tennis Legend, Martina Navratilova
- Sexy telenovela star, William Levy
- Pop singer to Opera singer, Katherine Jenkins
Celebrities are partnered with professional ballroom dancers for extensive dance training. Training the professional dancers have done all of their lives, that will have to be learned in just a short amount of time.
Actor and retired U.S. Army soldier, J.R. Martinez took home the trophy in season 13, his partner was Karina Smirnoff, who is back this season.
The live 2 hour premier of season 14, Dancing With the Stars, will air on ABC, March 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM CST.