The 4th Annual Great Lakes MultiSport, Cycling & Running Expo will be held this weekend at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex, in Franklin, WI. This is the premiere show for triathletes in the Midwest, and one in which you can come home with a transition bag full of excellent information and vendor goodies.
In addition to 50+ exhibitors, there are a number of informational sessions on both days. These sessions are open to all and no preregistration is necessary (sessions subject to change):
Main Stage Featured Tech-Talks, Exhibit Hall Main Stage
- Sat, 11am – Ryan Riell – Running Bio-Mechanics
- Sat, 12pm – Panel Forum – Forefoot Run vs. Barefoot Run vs. Heal Strike: Who is Right?
- Sat, 2pm – Dr. Rick Kattouf – High Octane Motivation For Life and Training
- Sat, 4pm – Tri-Faster/InStep – Make the Most of Your Off-Season: Race Your Best in 2010
- Sun, 12pm – P3/VASA Swim, Tim Crowley – Swim Faster, Swim Stronger, Swim More Confident
- Sun, 2pm – Ryan Reill – Pacing: How to Maximize Your Performance on Race Day
Tech Sessions, Beginner
- Sat, 11am – Brent Emery, Biking For Power
- Sat, 1pm – Dr. Liu, Acupuncture/Herbal Remedies for Injury
- Sat, 3pm – Brent Emery, Compression Gear – Energy & Recovery
- Sat, 5pm – Dr. Rick Kattouf, Train Smart, Train Hard, Get Faster
- Sun, 11am – William Muhlstadt, Muscle Recovery to Get Faster!
- Sun, 1pm – John Burns, Train Well To Perform Well
Tech Sessions, Intermediate
- Sat, 11am – Dwight Sandvold, Swim Technique and Open Water Swim
- Sat, 1pm – Andy Kerk, Run Gait, Economy, Shoes, Orthotics
- Sat, 3pm – Gregg Fuhrman, Shoes, Cleats, Pedals, Orthotics in Cycling
- Sat, 5pm – Michael Boehmer, Real Tips to Improve Your Transition
- Sun, 11am – Ryan Reill, Nutrition
- Sun, 1pm – Tom Labish, Avoiding the Most Common Running Injuries
Tech Sessions, Advanced
- Sat, 11am – Dr. Rick Kattouf, The First Step to a New Life
- Sat, 1pm – Panel Forum, Triathlon Race Discussion Forum
- Sat, 3pm – Calvin Deutsch, What Type of Running Shoe is Best for You?
- Sat, 5pm – Road Bike vs. Tri Bike – Which Should I Buy?
- Sun, 11am – Third Coast Tri Shop, General Bike Maintenance
- Sun, 1pm – Jill Sommers, So You Think You Can’t…
Hands-On Mini-Clinics, , Exhibit Hall Main Stage
- Sat, 10:15am – Gregg Fuhrman – A Cyclist Tool Kit for Staying Healthy
- Sat, 11:15am – Briana Boehmer – Run Drills That Will Make You Faster
- Sat, 1:15pm – Mark Newman – Pre- and Post-Workout Active Stretching
- Sat, 3:15pm – Third Coast Tri Shop – How to Change a Flat Tire
- Sat, 5:15pm – Andy Kerk – Strength Training Using Gravity & Simple Tools
- Sun, 11:15am – Mark Newman – Core Strength in 10 Minutes
- Sun, 1:15pm – Briana Boehmer – Run Drills That Will Make You Faster
Special events for the weekend include:
- Great Lakes Expo Run 5K, Sunday, January 29th – 8:30am: 5K Race, T-shirt, goodie bag, food, beverages. All proceeds benefit RACC and the Fight to defeat Childhood Cancer. Sign-up online.
- Individual Bike Time Trials by Peak Performance Professionals [P3] – Saturday, January 28th, every 45 minutes from 10:30am – 3:45pm. Cost is $20, which includes a t-shirt and Expo entry. Only 64 total spots available; sign up onsite.
- VO2 Max Testing by Woodway – Saturday, January 28th. Cost $40. Call 414-916-4686 to reserve a spot.
- Get your swim stroke analyzed at the pool by swim instructors and master coaches. Bring a towel and your swimsuit. Call 414-916-4686 to reserve a spot.
Tickets are $7 advance purchase at selected locations or online, and $10 at the door. Children under 12 are admitted free.
The Expo hours are Saturday, January 28 from 10:00am – 6:00pm, and Sunday, January 29, from 10:00am – 3:00pm. The Milwaukee County Sports Complex is located on Ryan Road in Franklin[Google Maps].
If you would like to be notified when Coach Ken publishes an article, click “subscribe” on this page. You can also read his health and fitness answers and blog on Sharecare.com, view his Wellness Blog, follow him on Twitter, and find him on Facebook. Coach Ken is also the Chicago Wellness Examiner.