I love my pastor and his wife. They are very kind, humble, and are very good examples of Christian faith. I’m also thankful to have them on my facebook page, this keeps me and my posts inline. LOL! One of the hardest aspects of Christianity that I have had to learn is self-control and discipline. Gratefully, reading my Bible on a regular basis helps to keep my spirit fed and in shape. Can’t grow strong and healthy without food and the Word of God is food for the soul.
Pastor challenged us last Sunday at Family Bible Church with a quiz. No, he didn’t collect or correct it after church but we did go over the answers with us. It allowed us to take a glimmer into our minds to assess how well we knew our professed faith. The Bible tells us in 2 Timothy 2:15 “Study to show thyself approved, a workman need not be ashamed of rightly dividing the word of truth.” In straightforward terms, ‘Study the word of God, you never need to be ashamed to speak it and wield it if you understand it and are using it correctly.’
Let’s see how you fare:
1. What are the two major divisions of the Bible?
2. How many books in the Old Testament?
3. How many books in the New Testament?
4. The Old Testament mainly deals with the history of what nation?
5. The New Testament mainly deals with the history of what group?
6. What three languages was the Bible written in originally?
7. The Bible was written by about how many different men?
Can you name 3?
8. The Bible was written over a period of about how many years?
9. Who wrote the first 5 books of the Bible?
10. Who wrote about half of the books in the New Testament?
Answers will be posted in the next article. I invite you to begin setting aside at least ten minutes a day to read the Word of God. It’s amazing how much spiritual sustenance can be gleamed from even a short snack. Here are links to a few websites that offer Daily Devotionals:
Christianity Devotionals – here you can sign up to receive daily devotional e-mails.
Our Daily Bread – read daily devotionals online
Crosswalk Devotional Resources– various articles and suggestions for devotionals