We made a variation of this real Italian pizza dish and served our ingredients on a NY style thin crust. Our pizza simply consists of tomato sauce, onions, wild mushrooms, bacon bits and American cheeses. The flavor is fantastic and can be made in 15 minutes in your own kitchen or you can simply order in from Pirates Pizza right here in Savannah.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 thin pizza crust
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- ½ cup fried wild mushrooms
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup mixed American cheeses (Cheddar and Monterey jack)
- Fresh pepper
- Coat the pizza crust with tomato sauce.
- Place the sliced onion on the outside.
- Fill in the middle with the fried mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with the fried and crispy bacon bits.
- Cover with the cheese mix.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 425 for 11 minutes or until crusty.
- Let rest for 2 minutes and slice NY style (large wedges)
There is no wrong or right way to eat pizza, but we like to fold our super-sized slice in half and just eat it like that. Season with some fresh pepper to taste and sliced olives can be used as an extra topping as well.