For one week-end in May, Wickham Park will be more like a metropolis than a park. The Runaway Country Music Festival will be in town and 40,000 – 50,000 people are expected to be attend. Many will be coming from out of the area, and hundreds will be camping right in Wickham Park. In fact, so far over 30 states and several foreign countries are represented on the current list of ticket buyers.
Two large stages are scheduled to be built, construction expected to begin in early April. The schedule is as follows:
Friday, May 4:
- Kellie Pickler
- Lo Cash Cowboys
- Steve Holy
- Blake Wise
- All About Nothing Band
- Soul Circus Cowboys
- Michael Wright
Saturday, May 5:
- Big and Rich
- Chris Young
- Jake Owen
- Ashton Shepherd
- Megan Stuart
- Amber Leigh
- Neon Truckers
- Lone Hymnal
- Samantha Russell Band
- Jill’s Cashbox
Sunday, May 6:
- Alan Jackson
- Brantley Gilbert
- Randy Travis
- Michael Ray
- Tom Jackson
- Suite Caroline
- Mark D. Moore
- Jill’s Cashbox
The festival site, Wickham Park, is approximately 400 acres. There are freshwater lakes, picnic facilities, restrooms, and a variety of camping options. A shuttle will run between campsites and the main stage area. For those with large motor homes, there are 88 sites available with full hook-ups and 150 sites without. All sites have access to on-site showers, fishing, swimming, volleyball, picnic areas and BBQ Pavilions.
An additional area has been set aside for campers without RVs and there are over 1,000 campsites available there. The area is tree-lined, close to the music area, and filled with picnic tables. Adjacent restrooms are available. To view a map of the campsites available, click on this link.
Volunteer hosts will be available to assist campers in all capacities and security will be tight in throughout the park. Other pertinent information, as well as camping fees are explained on an event website camping page.
Tickets may be secured either online or by calling 321-549-4204. Before purchasing, however, interested parties should take care to examine their options. It is important to note that add-ons, such as parking, aren’t included but should be requested at the time of ordering. Important information includes the following:
- Reserved Seats are for the 3-day weekend. A limited number of single day tickets are available in the reserved section. Please refer to Seating Map for availability. Reserved tickets cannot be split.
- General Admission Tickets are available for single day or as a 3-day weekend pass. Tickets cannot be split.
- Children 12 and under are free to enter (without a ticket) BUT must be accompanied with a paying adult. This applies to General Admission Only. Children will require a ticket to sit in reserved sections.
- Everyone in your party must have a 3-day Concert Ticket to stay in Camping and RV Sites.
Runaway Country Concert Ticket Information
Tier 1 Reserved Stage Front Sections B & C
3 Day weekend Ticket $249
Single Day – Friday $95
Single Day – Saturday or Sunday $105
Tier 2 Reserved Stage Front Sections A, B, C, D
3 Day Weekend Ticket $229
Single Day – Friday $80
Single Day – Saturday or Sunday $90
Chairs are provided for all reserved tickets; Tier 1 and Tier 2, A, B, C and D.
General Admission Tickets
- 3 day weekend Pass $110
- Friday $59
- Saturday or Sunday $69
Weekend General Admission tickets cannot be split. Those holding General Admission tickets must bring their own lawn chairs.
New to Runaway Country for 2012 is the option to purchase seats right on the stage where the artists will be performing. The cost is from $20 to $75 and that is in addition to the Festival Admission ticket. A Stage Seat ticket does NOT provide admission to the Festival. Admission tickets should be purchased first and then stage seats are added on for whichever artist the purchaser would like.
Runaway Lounge pass
Also new for 2012 is the Runaway Lounge: “A cool experience in a specially designed Lounge area. Pass-holders will be able to enjoy private cash bars and catering, room to mingle on a roof-top deck, multi-tiered seating, courtyard and viewing areas.” A Lounge Pass is good for all three days and will provide access to the lounge all weekend. It is non-transferable and cannot be split. It is important to note that it will not be necessary to purchase any additional tickets to enjoy the Runaway Lounge. With a Lounge Pass, purchasers can access the entire site, not including the Reserved Section. The Lounge Pass cost is $275
Private cabanas will be available for those wishing to have their own private viewing area. The cabanas feature catering, premier views of the main stage, and free parking for up to six vehicles. The cost is $8,900 for a 12-person cabana, and $12,900 for a 24-person cabana. For more information about the cabanas or just to reserve one, call 321-549-4204.
The event has an extensive website, jam packed with useful facts, and the highlights are as follows:
* Tickets, subject to availability, will be sold at the gate.
* Campsites open Thursday, May 3, at 8 a.m.
* Checkout is no later than noon on Monday, May 7.
* Portable restrooms may be rented for any individual campsite.
* Outside food and drink is not allowed at the concerts.
* Campers may have food at their campsites and many food vendors will be available around the park.
* Still photography will be allowed.
* Those camping must have a three-day festival ticket.
* Children under twelve are free when accompanied by an adult.
* Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash.
* There will be 24 hr towing, locksmith and EMTs on site.
The Runaway Country Music Festival is expected to be the largest music festival in Space Coast history. For those expecting to attend, it will surely be a week-end to remember. For the rest of the us, care should be taken to ensure that all visitors to our neighborhood are welcomed with open arms. The festival will provide a much-needed economic boost to the Space Coast.