Many senior citizens who live in the greater Oklahoma City area haven’t yet discovered that they qualify for cash savings when they buy goods or services from specific venues. A large number of companies have a “house policy” that entitles senior citizens to a cash discount at the point of sale. The greatest majority of discounts available pertain to purchases of clothing, groceries, travel, and restaurants. The Better Business of Oklahoma City applauds the commercial venues who take part in the discount program. Here’s a sampling of companies who offer discounts:
- Banana Republic: Offers 10 percent discount to those who are 50+ years of age. Check with store management before buying as not all stores take part.
- Kohl’s: Customers who have reached 62+ years of age qualify for a 15 percent discount on Wednesdays only.
- Ross: A discount of 10 percent is given to customers aged 55+ on Tuesdays.
- Albertson’s: A 10 percent discount is given to all customers age 55+ on the first Wednesday of every month. Check with store management before buying as not all stores take part.
- Great Valu Food Store: Customers over 60+ receive a five percent discount on Tuesdays.
- Publix: Each Wednesday, customers age 55+, receive a five percent discount.
- American Airlines: Customers who have reached 65+ may receive a discount on select bookings.
- Amtrak: Travelers who are 62+ receive a 15 percent discount for adult ticket charges for select destinations.
- Greyhound Bus Lines: Customers 62+ qualify for a five percent discount on unrestricted passenger tickets
- Applebees: Seniors who are 60+ years of age qualify for a 15 percent discount.
- CiCi’s Pizza: Seniors 65+ years of age receive a ten percent discount for any pizza ordered or buffet meal.
- Denny’s: Patrons 55+ receive ten percent off any order.
Seniors may also qualify for extra programs available through the Oklahoma State Council on Aging at the address shown below.
Oklahoma State Council on Aging
2401 N.W. 23rd Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73107