Universal Orlando Resort announced all sorts of enhancements for 2012 at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. The studio theme park is getting a new Despicable Me ride, a show on the lagoon, and an interactive parade, and of course its Mardi Gras celebration is currently going on. Blue Man Group opened an enhanced show, and next door, at Islands of Adventure, an old favorite is getting spruced up to make it state of the art.
“The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman,” a 3-D dark ride/simulator combination, is in the final stages of its digital upgrades. Not only will you see an enhanced show (and a guest appearance by legend Stan Lee), but you’ll also hear a new soundtrack and wear new “Spidervision” 3-D glasses. The glasses are part of the upgrade, since they’re designed for more color and clarity.
When it opened in 1999, the ride was one of the most technologically advanced attractions of its time. Over the years it was eclipsed by other rides, including “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey,” which is also at Islands of Adventure, in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter section. The new upgrades should help restore its status.
The photo at left shows the new 3-D glasses. They’re being worn by members of Universal’s creative team as they check out their work.
My ebooks about Disney and the other Central Florida parks include:
- 10 Disney Cruise Line Tips for Adults: Kindle or Nook
- Mickey Mouse is My Neighbor (life in Celebration, FL): Kindle or Nook
- Complete eBook Guide to SeaWorld Orlando: Kindle or Nook
- 15 Tips for Saving Money on Disney Cruise Line: Kindle or Nook
- 25 Tips for Visiting Disney World With Babies, Toddlers & Young Kids: Kindle or Nook
- eBook Guide to Legoland Florida: Kindle and Nook
- Legoland Florida for Adults: Kindle and Nook
- 5 Steps to Your Own Internet Travel Agency: Kindle