Over-eating and anxiety are the most popular forms of suicide. Toxemia and enervation are the underlying causes of all disease, whether acute or chronic. Toxins in the body originate from wrong choice of food, worn-out body cells, drugs, unloving thoughts, and polluted air and water. Enervation comes from over-activity, noise, radiation, extreme climate, overeating, sexual excesses, vaccinations, toxins, and stress or rapid detoxification.
In most degenerative disorders, the body is enzyme-exhausted and nutritionally deficient. Lack of enzymes leads to incomplete metabolism. The undigested food must be eliminated as toxins. Waste accumulates because of toxemia and enervation eventually to a level which may interfere with the function of the body.
How long it takes to become sick depends upon the constitution inherited from the parents and how much toxemia and enervation one’s lifestyle generates. The stronger the inherent constitution and the more one adheres to the health rules, the longer it takes to pollute the body. The weaker the inherent constitution and the more abuse the body receives, the less time it will take to become sick.
- Chronic constipation and toxic bowel
- Lack of good physical exercise (internal and external)
- Poor digestion, absorption, and assimilation
- Dietary hazards (fat, sugar, salt, milk, processing, refining, etc.)
- Lack of live “uncooked” food in the diet (enzymes)
- Vitamin, mineral, and nutrient deficiencies
- Food allergies
- Candida (yeast), pathogens, and parasites
- Poor water drinking habits
- Liver weakness, insufficiency, over activity, or toxicity
- Environmental pollution (chemicals and heavy metals)
- Spirituality and psycho-neuro-immunology (the mind-body connection)
- Adrenal stress syndrome
- Sleeping dysfunction
- Infectious diseases (bacterial and viral)
Ingredients for Staying Healthy
- Stress reduction: proper thinking and expression of feelings
- Regular exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Adequate rest and relaxation
- No substance abuse (drugs/alcohol/smoking)
- Social contact: love/family/friends/pets
- Take as few drugs as possible, prescribed or over-the-counter
Physical health is probably one of the most important things in the world, because without it lives are constricted and impoverished . Fortunately science and alternative health practitioners are discovering methods of prevention and self-healing that cannot only prolong life, but allow enjoyment into the golden years free from so-called “diseases.
The new medical model recognizes the mind as a factor in every disease, except perhaps the very few diseases and illnesses caused by external agents, such as poisons. Dr. Kenneth Pelletier, author of Mind as Healer, Mind as Slayer, believes that all illnesses are in some way psychosomatic; not in the sense that they are imaginary, but in the sense that they all involve mental and physical factors. The mind and body are interdependent and together can cause or prevent sickness.