Many Angelenos, including military personnel and veterans are wrestling fans. For a mere $10.00 you can support our troops and win a chance for a free trip to WrestleMania XXVIII. Shawn Michaels is hosting an online charitable raffle for a prize package, which includes two premium seats, travel, and a hotel stay for the event, which will be held in Miami, Florida on April 1, 2012. A portion of the raffle proceeds is earmarked for Operation Homefront.
- Tickets are Just $2.00 each, with a minimum purchase of five Tickets. The entry deadline is 2:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 27. The drawing will be held on that date. The grand prize includes the following:
- Winner and guest will enjoy two premium seats to attend WrestleMania XXVIII at the Sun Life Stadium, April 1st, 2012 at 6 p.m. as Shawn Michaels’ guests.
- Winner and guest will enjoy a 30 minute private meet and greet with Shawn Michaels for photos and autographs.
- Winner and guest will enjoy three night hotel accommodations for Friday, March 30 through Sunday April 1 (single room, double occupancy).
- Winner will receive a $2,000 allowance (if needed, if used) for travel expenses.
- Winner will receive a cash prize in the amount of $1,754.50 to mitigate the Winner’s tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($1,450) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($304.50).
To purchase raffle tickets, click on this link.
The mission of Operation Homefront is to provide emergency financial and other assistance to the families of service members and wounded warriors. In 2011, the organization met 155,984 needs for military families, including active duty, Guard, and Reserve members from all branches of service. Since its inception, Operation Homefront has provided more than $92 million dollars of funding to programs to benefit military families.
Operation Homefront provides direct services to alleviate a military family’s or individual’s actual/complete emergency financial burden, as well as counseling and/or recovery support. Emergency financial assistance is in the form of checks paid directly to mortgage lenders, auto mechanics, contractors, hospitals, doctors, dentists, and other providers. Other emergency funding assistance, which an applicant receives within 24 to 72 hours, includes the following:
- Financial assistance
- Emergency food
- Emergency home repairs
- Critical baby items: formula, food and diapers
- Home and appliance repair
- Furniture and household items
- Local moving assistance
- Community events
- Wounded Warrior Transitional Family Housing