Top Five Reasons to go to Marin this Weekend
1. Sweetwater– the legendary Mill Valley music club everyone flocked to in the 70‘s and 80‘s ( All hail Jules Broussard) opens Friday night at the new address in downtown Mill Valley at the Masonic Lodge at 19 Corte Madera Ave. Huge thanks, Bob Weir- a gentleman and a giant.
2.) Take a hike: Mount Tamalpais is the “go to“ destination for millions of visitors every year. People come from all over the world to hike, bike, hang glide, ride horses, bird watch, photograph, study plants, flowers, trees and explore. The magnificent views absolutely take your breath away…as do a number of the scenic and strenuous hiking trails.
3.) Take your choice: Marin is magical – there are multiple choices for entertainment, wandering and playing. Of course, you can go biking, strolling, hiking, dining, shopping or – see a first-run movie at the wonderful Rafael Theater. Why not drive over the Golden Gate Bridge – leave the City behind -and explore multi-faceted and fun Marin County.
4.) And Culture, too! People “in the know” flock to Marin’s Best Bookstore Book Passage of Corte Madera. They also ‘know’ the Best Movie Theater for first run films and home of the Mill Valley Film festival is is the newly restored, Art Deco, the Rafael in San Rafael on Fourth Street.
5.) Try Any One of These Great Restaurants:
- Piazza d Angelo a wonderful Italian restaurant located in downtown Mill Valley
- My Thai in San Rafael with the best Thai food in all of Marin located at 1230 Fourth
- Tommy’s Wok – Sausalito- the best Chinese food in all of Marin County
- Best Sunday Brunch with a live, non stop Bicycle Parade- Poggio – Sausalito
5.) Barry Spitz and Four Great Hikes Barry – aka Mr. Marin County – hiking authority, lecturer, author and ‘man about town’, Barry Spitz, is the go- to-guy for any and all information about majestic (6400 acres) Mount Tamalpais
His recent book, Tamalpais Trails is a bible to legions of hikers and Marin residents. Try one these Marin hikes:
- Best-to-the beach– short – Mill Valley Tennessee Valley – Pack a picnic enjoy land and sea.
- Best Hike @ 0900 Sunday – Ross – Phoenix Lake 2.33 miles and is considered a little rigorous, vigorous and spectacular.
- Best -here we go around the lake – Mt Tam has five man made lakes. Try Alpine Lake.
- Best Hike Tiburon – Ring Mountain – You can’t see Russia – however, you can see three counties. There are acres and acres of hills, trails and try to find the petroglyph’s. Bring water and binoculars. Pick up a picnic at the yummy and upscale Paradise Market.
Great date idea: take the ferry from San Franciso to Marin County. You are welcome in Marin any day of the week.
Follow me on Facebook
Are You Suddenly Single? Read Page Larkin advice here
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at email@example.com. Don’t miss a single Page Larkin column
All Page Larkin Dating@50 Examiner articles © 2012 by Page Larkin; reposts permitted with copy written notice and link to original article. All other rights reserved. All Photographs: FREE RANGE STOCK