The Amazing Race was back Sunday night, 2/26/12, and if you watched the Oscars, you missed a great episode! Keep reading to get all caught on Season 20 of TAR!
- All teams had to wait until sunrise to get their first clue, so everyone was on even ground to start the leg of the race. As all ten teams watched the sunrise, they next fought for their clues from an Argentine man on a horse. Brendon and Rachel were starting to annoy the others, as they were trying to push their way through the others.
- “Boil water” or “Build a fire” roadblock. All of the teams, with the exception of the border patrol agents, Art Velez and J.J. Carerll, chose “boil water.” Boiling water did not prove as easy as the teams thought it would be though because it was not just boiling water, but building a solar panel where they would then have to boil a pot of water, using only the sun! That was not the only roadblock though as the teams also had no instructions for putting the solar panel together, aside from the picture on the box.
- At that point, it seemed as though Art and J.J. had a leg up on the competition, as they only needed to gather sticks and stones, and then bring them to the village for their use. While most of the teams struggled with the solar panel, Mark and Bopper pushed through theirs very quickly, and for the first time, were in the top half of the race. Meanwhile, Art and J.J. finished before most of those putting the panels together, and they were especially thrilled that they beat out Rachel and Brendon. It seems like a few teams are not fond of Rachel and Brendon – we couldn’t imagine why.
- For the next clue, the teams needed to hop on a bus to Buenos Aires, which was an 18 hour ride. The first bus took off with Art and J.J., Mark and Bopper, Rachel and Dave, and also Rachel and Brendon. The second bus, which had the married clowns, Vanessa and Ralph, the Jersey Shore wannabe buddies, and brothers Elliot and Andrew, ran into a problem as a window broke on their trip, so they needed to pull off and fix it. This pushed the last bus, which had the remainder of the contestants on it, into the second place spot.
- For their final challenge, the teams had to calculate beef! Yes, this was all about the brains – and the teamwork. One member of each team needed to figure out the average amount of weight per cow, in a pen of multiple cows. And if that was not tough enough, they had to do it with a live cattle auction going on, yikes! Rachel and Dave, and Art and J.J. decided to team up, and put their heads together, and it paid off as these two teams finished up before anyone else. Rachel and Brendon, and Mark and Bopper then had the same idea, which helped Rachel, who was extremely frustrated and on the verge of tears as she tried to calculate the cows.
- As they raced to get back to their taxis, Rachel broke down once again when she realized that her taxi was not waiting there, but of course it turned out to be Brendon’s fault. Brendon spent his time in the taxi apologizing to Rachel, who was recovering from her emotional breakdown. Rachel and Dave Brown’s quick teamwork technique paid off as they, once again, landed in first place! Art and J.J. were second, followed by Mark and Bopper, who made a huge comeback this week. Rachel and Brendon made up and got over their issues, and they were safe for yet another week as well.
- In the end, it was Dave’s awful math skills that were the downfall of the married clowns. The clowns spent most of the day at the auction, but by the time they made it to Phil, they were too late and they were eliminated.
- I love when teams have no idea where they are finishing and Phil gets to surprise them. Kerri and Stacey and Nary and Jaime both had great reactions to learning they were fifth and sixth, respectively. Phil even did a good job going the other way with Vanessa and Ralph.
- Was anyone else surprised so many teams did the solar panel Detour option? Are teams that scared of challenges with animals?
Raleigh residents can view The Amazing Race on CBS affiliate WRAL channel 5.
Make sure to tune in next Sunday as The Amazing Race continues to leads its contestants on a race around the world.
© 2012 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a modenook.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Frugal Livingclick hereto subscribe
- Raleigh Relationshipsclick hereto subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with modenook.com? Click here to link to modenook.com and start sharing your knowledge today.