Although shade is probably the top reason for planting a tree in the landscaping of your Tucson or Green Valley home, there are many more reasons to love trees:
1. They make life more pleasant
2. Most people respond to their presence, and feel peace when in a grove of trees.
3. Research has proven that patients in the hospital recover quicker if they can see trees from their bed.
4. Ties between people and trees are profound as evidenced in the efforts often taken to preserve a large or historic tree.
5. Trees are planted as living memorials to loved ones because of their long life.
1. Trees are seen as part of the community, even when on private property.
2. They provide:
screen bad views
reduce glare and reflection
direct pedestrian traffic
provide background to and soften, compliment or enhance architecture
1. Moderate climate
Shade, wind, rain
2. Improve air quality
3. Provide homes and food for wildlife
4. Moderate wind (provide buffering)
5. Roots absorb rainfall and reduce erosion
6. Reduce heat buildup by throwing shade on pavement and ground
7. Reduce utility bills for individual homes (shade west side but not south side of house)
Sadly, there are people who hate trees. One can only hope they eventually learn how valuable trees are to the environment and our sense of well-being.