Reading the Bible is important in itself to Christians, but in our world today, one of the more interesting things about the Bible is, prophecy. When comparing biblical prophecy to current events and political happenings around the world, you can actually see very small pieces of biblical prophecy being fulfilled.
However, any person who says they know when the Rapture will begin, or says that they know the date of Christ’s return is pretty much out in left field because the Bible is specific on this issue. Mark, Chapter 13, Verse 32 says;
“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father”.
So, that makes those like Pastor Harold Camping who had recently predicted things like, the return of Christ on May 21, 2011 look pretty uneducated about the Bible. His 2011 end times prediction was that on May 21, 2011 Jesus Christ would return to Earth, the righteous would fly up to heaven (the rapture), and that there would follow five months of fire, brimstone and plagues on Earth, with millions of people dying each day, culminating on October 21, 2011 with the end of the world. He had previously predicted judgment days on May 21, 1988, and September 6, 1994. So much for looking foolish!
With all of that taken into account, can we deny what we see in our world today as it relates to biblical prophecy? It would be very difficult to say that what we see in the news does not apply to prophecy. Take a look around you, and when you read the news, watch it on TV, or read it on the Internet, don’t just take it verbatim, read between the lines and think biblically. A short list of items of concern that can be found on Internet news sites is listed below. This list is from only a few days!
Each of the articles listed below applies to prophetic scripture, i.e., a one world government, government prying into our personal lives, spying, the hatred of Christianity, apostasy, false doctrine, false Christianity, the persecution of Christians, and many more.
- Eu Chief: The Time Has Come For A Federal Europe
- EU Demands Right To Dictate National Budgets
- Merkozy” Letter to EU: Now Is the Time to Strip Countries of Sovereignty
- WikiLeaks Details Surveillance Industry
- Library Of Congress To Receive Entire Twitter Archive
- Tens Of Millions Of Smartphones Come With Spyware Pre-installed, Security Analyst Says
- Pelosi Whines About Catholics Having “This Conscience Thing”
- ACLU Demands Halt To Prayer At Private Nebraska Graduation Ceremony
- Military Orders Cross Removed From Chapel
- Preacher To FBI: Put Up Or Shut Up!
- Supreme Court Allows Ban On Church Services In School
- Verdicts For Pastors Who Preached Of Sin
- Real Christian Churches In US Forced To Go Underground Soon?
- Malls Track Shoppers’ Cell Phones On Black Friday
- Government Eyes Turning Bugs Into Spies
- California City Approves Spy Plane To Fly Overhead
- Alarm As Dutch Lab Creates Highly Contagious Killer Flu
- House Cybersecurity Bill Would Establish Federal Overseer
- IBM Predicts Mind Reading Machines
- Minister Told He Will Face Potential Arrest For Reading Christmas Story From The Bible At Capital Christmas Tree
- The Vatican Wants To Lay Its Hands On Jerusalem
- School District Sued For Punishing Student’s Opposition To “Gay” Lifestyle
- Walter Reed Accidentally Bans Bibles
- Congress Can’t Say “Merry Christmas” in mail
Yes, it would appear that small pieces of the “very large” prophecy puzzle are being placed into position. What does all of this mean to us as Christians? It means that we should spend more time reading the Bible, studying God’s word and especially, the study of prophecy, both fulfilled and unfulfilled. Then spread the word to your family members, friends, co-workers and neighbors. If the spirit moves you, stand on the street corner passing out Christian Tracks to passersby! Some will say you’re a kook, but ask yourself what you should care more about, what people think of you or what God thinks of you.
Sometimes we overlook the obvious. Other times, news that “seems” more important, like who will win the GOP nomination takes precedence in our minds and we forget the really important things. Let’s not overlook God’s promises.