Today’s shoppers have many options for Valentine jewelry gifts to fit most budgets and lifestyles. Classic heart-shaped gems, artisan pieces, and poesy rings are among the many types of jewelry available in all different price ranges. It isn’t necessary to spend a lot of money to find quality Valentine jewelry. This holiday is a great time to find love theme jewelry for sweethearts or family.
Jewelry as Love Tokens
According to the History Channel, people exchanged love tokens on Valentine’s Day as early as the 18th century. Lockets were quite popular during the Victorian era. Jewelry became a traditional Valentine gift in the 20th century, especially engagement rings, due in large part to De Beers’ popular “A Diamond is Forever” 1952 ad campaign. Gems make ideal love tokens because people can wear them as constant reminders of a loved one’s affection.
Love Theme Necklaces, Pendants, and Rings
All Valentine jewelry centers on the theme of love. Necklaces and pendants are among the most popular Valentine’s Day gifts. Find classic heart-shaped necklaces and rings at local jewelers, such as Mark Talsma Jewelry, or engraved pendants at Woodland Mall’s Things Remembered. Grand Rapids area stores like Brattain’s Jewelry Design Studio and Metal Art Studio sell unique artisan pieces.
Types of love theme jewelry include:
- Heart-shaped lockets: Lockets are classic romantic tokens. Place a special photo inside of a locket as a personal expression of love.
- Word pendants: A simple gold or ornate diamond pave pendant displaying the word, “love,” says it all for fans of modern jewelry. Other romantic words or phrases are also available in pendants made from a variety of materials like metal, wood, or resin. Put together special phrases with double strand word necklaces.
- Engraved rings: There is a legend that engraved rings create a special connection between the people exchanging rings due to the power of words worn close to skin, according to Sapphire Lane, a website that specializes in poesy rings. During the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, people wore poesy rings engraved with romantic phrases as early betrothal and wedding jewelry. Poesy rings are available in sterling silver or gold. Choose words that have special meaning to a loved one.
- Charm bracelets: Charm bracelets are another way to personalize romantic jewelry. Pick a Valentine theme bracelet or customize a bracelet with individual meaningful charms.
- Rubber bracelets: Rubber or silicone bracelets featuring Valentine sayings are popular party favors and trendy among teens exchanging gifts.
It might seem a bit challenging at times to find the perfect gift. Keep the loved one’s taste and personality in mind when selecting jewelry. Remember that it is the thought behind the gift that will be most treasured by a loved one.