Valentine’s day is one of those special occasions where you bring out the best; as you want everything to be special. If you are cooking, you also pull out your best recipes for a nice quiet dinner for two. Here’s an easy Valentine’s Day cheesecake recipe that will make your Valentine’s heart go pitter patter!
Simple and elegant cheesecake recipe
- 40 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cottage cheese, creamed
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 3 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- In a medium bowl, stir together vanilla wafer crumbs and butter. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 3/4 inch up the sides of an 8 inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside. Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Stir in the 1/4 cup cherry brandy. Beat in eggs on low speed just till combined. You do not want do incorporate too much air into the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pour half of the cheese mixture into the crust-lined pan. Spread 1 cup of the fruit on top. Top with remaining cheese mixture and 1/2 cup of the fruit. Place in a shallow baking pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or till center appears nearly set when shaken. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen sides. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
- For topping, in a medium bowl combine remaining 2 cups fruit, 1 tablespoon cherry brandy, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. To serve, cut cheesecake into wedges. Top each serving with fruit topping
Make your sweetheart an elegant dessert with this savory Valentine’s Day cheesecake. Raleigh residents can check to see if items are on sale at: Kroger, Food Lion and Lowe’s Foods.
Valentine’s Day is always a little bit better with cheesecake!
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a modenook.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with modenook.com? Click here to link to modenook.com and start sharing your knowledge today.