March is upon us and families across the area may have run out of ideas for family fun that can happen indoors! Well look no further than you local Bel Air Wegmans for great activities for the whole family coming in March.
Some events require you to register at the customer service desk in advance but, all Friday Night Music programs are no reservation required. Some events require you to have a free Wegmans Membership Card and some have a nominal cost for the activity.
Live Music at Wegmans – Every Friday Evening in the Market Cafe you and your family can enjoy live music while you dine, nosh or sip! The live music events run from 6 pm til 9 pm but, you can come and go as you see fit! If you practice meatless Fridays for Lent, there are great nonmeat options for food as well in March!
- March 2nd = Marty Dickerson
- March 9th = Jim Counter
- March 16th = Ken Heeter
- !March 23rd = Mike Moniodis
- March 30th = Dale Coleman
Kids in the Kitchen at Wegmans – On select dates you can register you child 5 and older to participate in an education and participation based class with one of the Wegmans’ chefs! This is a hands on treat and the children can even learn some great recipes to prepare for the family! All events are based upon healthy eating!
- March 3rd & 4th @ 11 am & 2 pm & cost is $5 – Fruit & Veggies Take a Dip! Have fun with your food and your children! In theis very busy hands-on class children will make fruit kabobs with delicious dip. Learn about picking avacados & how to prepare them! Children will then turn their avacados into a delicious guacamole dip to enjoy! (Only 15 children per class so register @ customer service ASAP)
- March 3rd & 4th @ 12 pm & cost is $5 – Gardening 101! Parents and children can plan and plant their very own little garden of cucumbers, tomatoes, Swiss chard, beets and spinach. As you and your child work, you will get a preview of how delicious veggies are and taste a fresh cucumber and tomato salsa! (Only 10 children per class so register @ customer service ASAP)
- March 10th @ 11 am & cost is $5 – Storewide Veggie Party! Parents and children learn the Secrets in the Sauce. This hands-on event last 1 hour and all will learn 4 snazzy sauces that will add zip and flavor to meals. Highlights include a kid-friendly Low Mein & Peanut Salad as well as veggies like broccoli and snow peas. (Only 20 children per class so register @ customer service ASAP)
- March 18th @ 2 pm & cost is $5 – Terrific Tacos! Parents adn children will learn how to make tacos using a rotisserie chicken. With hands-on participation children will prepare tacos and rainbow rice. The class last 1 hour. (Only 20 children per class so register @ customer service ASAP)
Saturday Night Family Movie at Wegmans – On certain Saturdays, Wegmans screens a film for the whole family. The films start at 5 pm and are usually over around 7 pm which is great for little ones! There is no cost for this event!
- March 3rd – Happy Feet
- March 17th – An American Tale
- March 24th – Bee Movie
- March 31st – The Cat in the Hat featuring Mike Myers